Pacific City

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Pacific City

Post by BUZO71 »

Has anyone been diving in Pacific City, Oregon?
Fortes fortuna iuvat
AB219
Aquaphile

Re: Pacific City

Post by AB219 »

I dove with my buddy off his Dory Boat on Saturday (9?27)off of Pacific City Hatstack rock. Excellent vis. right now, but alot of Jelly fish the first 20 feet on top of the water.

g
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
BUZO71
Aquaphile

Post by BUZO71 »

Really? So, how were the currents? I rode my motorcycle over there with some friends and that place looks like a great dive site. It seems like the area would be somewhat protected like the sound (on a smaller scale). Any dive shops in the area?
Fortes fortuna iuvat
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

BUZO71 wrote:Really? So, how were the currents? I rode my motorcycle over there with some friends and that place looks like a great dive site. It seems like the area would be somewhat protected like the sound (on a smaller scale). Any dive shops in the area?

Current can be tricky out there, it is best to dive off a boat or kayak. There is a south current that always persists and intensifies if there is a north wind blowing. Stay out of the area between the North point and the North part of Haystack rock. That area is a Dory boat channel for the landing and launching of the Dory boats.
There are no dive shops in the area...

The best diving is west of Haystack rock when the predicted swell is less then 6 feet.

g
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

how hasa the pinacle been lately, have not dove out there in years.. But I will be back out there after I get my shiat together \:D/

stan