Good dive in Tillamook Bay

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Good dive in Tillamook Bay

Post by ORDiver »

Did a good dive this sunday in Tillamook Bay with cmason (Chris) under the west end of the Old Coast Guard Dock. Very shallow, but lots of life on an old tire reef. Lots of Kelp Greenling (mating season?) among other fish. Nothing really big enough for the spear fishing crowd but fun none the less. Viz was between 6 and 15'. Got hit with a pretty good current (for what I'm used to) shortly in to the dive but still managed to spend 45 minutes down there. Had a good time. Looking forward to exploring more Oregon dive sites.

This forum has been way too quiet lately. Lets go diving in Oregon!
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Good dive in Tillamook Bay

Post by no excuses »

went down the coast this weekend from Astoria to Tilmook and saw lots of boats out fishing and crabbing, sure made me wish that all my gear was together and could get wet. Cannot wait to go out and get some crabs and clams \:D/ .
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

There definately was a LOT of boats out. We were very glad we brought a dive flag. There were also a lot of crab down there and I heard of a place a few hundred yards away that has plenty of clams, not much else, but lots of clams.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Good to see you had a good dive. I went in there once and it was terrible vis., right at the east end of the jetty. I was over at Netarts on Sat. and had a good dive. I here you would like to try that sometime. Let me know. Dive it quite abit.
Doug
If only I had Gills
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I do want to try Netarts. I've got dive plans already for the next two weekends but we should set something up in November. I'm pretty much limited to weekends. I know at least two other folks who would be interested in that as well. PM me with a weekend you can go in November.