Netarts This Sunday 2/8.

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Netarts This Sunday 2/8.

Post by ORDiver »

Myself and Leithius are going out to Netarts to dive this Sunday. The tides are perfect if anyone else wants to come out and dive.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Netarts This Sunday 2/8.

Post by no excuses »

Was there last weekend, viz sucked but at least the weather was great all weekend and it was nice to get wet again. Crabbing was pretty poor also but caught enuff to have a meal so it was not all bad. :laughing3: Working on Sat. and probably on Sunday so probably not able to get down there. What time and were do you plan to get wet???

stan
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

We'll probably be going in around 8:30 or 9:00. Hopefully the viz will be better. Maybe we'll see you.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Love to join you. Don't know though. Might be razor clamming at seaside instead. Be sure to watch your high tide timing. High is a little after 11:00 am with about 7 foot exchange on the fill and 10-1/2 foot on the ebb. The current will be rippin at anytime but high slack. Just a heads up. I've dove Netarts probably 70 times and you really have to watch it. ( Just ask Sparky ).

Have a good time, Doug :supz:
If only I had Gills
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

This is something I would be very interested in doing, but I have a trip up north planned for this weekend.
Please post up a dive report and info about the logistics of the dive.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Diver Doug wrote:Love to join you. Don't know though. Might be razor clamming at seaside instead. Be sure to watch your high tide timing. High is a little after 11:00 am with about 7 foot exchange on the fill and 10-1/2 foot on the ebb. The current will be rippin at anytime but high slack. Just a heads up. I've dove Netarts probably 70 times and you really have to watch it. ( Just ask Sparky ).

According to the NOAA web site high tide is at about 8:00am with a rather mild exchange (4ft) on the ebb. It is the prediction for Garibaldi which is the closest station I can get a reading from. Let me know if I'm reading this wrong.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

According to the local tide book, (tillamook county), the am high is at 10:39am at 9.0ft. Then low tide following it is at 5:54pm at -1.2ft. try this link for tides http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.d ... sites.html

Doug
If only I had Gills
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

ORDiver wrote:
Diver Doug wrote:Love to join you. Don't know though. Might be razor clamming at seaside instead. Be sure to watch your high tide timing. High is a little after 11:00 am with about 7 foot exchange on the fill and 10-1/2 foot on the ebb. The current will be rippin at anytime but high slack. Just a heads up. I've dove Netarts probably 70 times and you really have to watch it. ( Just ask Sparky ).

According to the NOAA web site high tide is at about 8:00am with a rather mild exchange (4ft) on the ebb. It is the prediction for Garibaldi which is the closest station I can get a reading from. Let me know if I'm reading this wrong.

I would have to agree with "Diver Doug"... High tide at Netarts will be around 10:30/11:00AM. Also, you are looking at a 7 foot exchange on the incoming tide. The ocean has been fairly whipped up by the wind and large swells for the last few days. Luckily there has been very little rainwater dumping into Netarts Bay.

Have a great dive... wish I could join you.

gl
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

AB219 wrote:
ORDiver wrote:

I would have to agree with "Diver Doug"... High tide at Netarts will be around 10:30/11:00AM. Also, you are looking at a 7 foot exchange on the incoming tide. The ocean has been fairly whipped up by the wind and large swells for the last few days. Luckily there has been very little rainwater dumping into Netarts Bay.

Have a great dive... wish I could join you.

gl
Thanks to Doug I now realize that the NOAA web site's default time is Greenwich Mean Time. This completely changes the tide predictions for Netarts unless you're in London. There is an 11ft. exchange on the ebb. I think I may be heading north.
I'll definately remember to check the "local time" box on the NOAA site in the future. Thanks again Doug.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

here's another site you can use for tides:
http://tbone.biol.sc.edu/tide/index.html
Leithius
Just Settling In

Post by Leithius »

It's all good - Dave and I scrapped it and did Sund Rock instead. Which was both was better since we saw 5 octos, one coming out of its hole and into another where it proceeded to fight with another one. Also 4 wolfies. Then I remembered I had to fly the next day and realized I was short on my surface interval time by about 3-8 hours. LOL.... ](*,)
60% of the time it works, every time...
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

sounds like a great dive