I love beer!

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Re: I love beer!

Post by BigFameOne »

Sounder wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Sounder wrote: I have a new keg system in my garage... and last night our own Brewer gave me a little gift.
Dude, not cool! Don't make it sound dirty! I'm not Joe....
It was little, but it wasn't THAT little.

I even watched, and didn't feel the littlest bit uncomfortable until Doug showed his "gift" to the beer maden.

For the record I too like beer, and get to drink at the Widmer brewery for free whenever I get to Portland which reminds me that I should make a trip to go visit Spatnasty.

For the record, I am drinking a growler of Gillians Brewings, Chamomile Beer right now and its goooood stuff, If you are ever in Ballard and don't get in on some, punch yourself twice right in the nose.
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

BigFameOne wrote:For the record I too like beer, and get to drink at the Widmer brewery for free whenever I get to Portland which reminds me that I should make a trip to go visit Spatnasty.
uh, free beer? the bigfame wing of the spat estate is at your disposal.
BigFameOne
Compulsive Diver

Post by BigFameOne »

I will make my reservations soon......
"Cave is cave. Tech is when you can't get out when you want to."-LCF
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I'm the on call guy this week and can't really drink more than one beer in a sitting. It sucks. I'm craving a Fat Tire 1554 black beer. We need a club dive that involves a bar with good beer afterwards.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

ORDiver wrote:I'm the on call guy this week and can't really drink more than one beer in a sitting. It sucks. I'm craving a Fat Tire 1554 black beer. We need a club dive that involves a bar with good beer afterwards.
Now that sounds like a good time.

Your avatar is AWESOME!

Chaka? Land of the Lost I remember, just not the name of that one. There were sleestacks sssssssssss, wow memories.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Remember Chaka's older brothers, Ta and Saw? No one remembers them. I would guess that Chaka's favorite beer would be Schlitz. Or maybe Lone Star.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Guess I'm an outcast. For me if it ain't a good German pilzner or bock?? I hardly ever drink beer anymore cause I just got spoiled living in Germany. It goes down soooo smooth and 7% is low octane stuff. :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
Leithius
Just Settling In

Post by Leithius »

My current favorite is anything by the Kona Brewing Company... Pipeline Porter, Longboard Lager, Wailua Wheat....
60% of the time it works, every time...
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

I'm surprised no one mentioned Guinness so far. How come? I like variety of different beers, local and imported, but Guinness is always a welcome choice. Cheers! :mmmbeer:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I love guiness I thought it was a gimme....
I can only usually drink only one in a sitting though
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

vlad wrote:I'm surprised no one mentioned Guinness so far. How come? I like variety of different beers, local and imported, but Guinness is always a welcome choice. Cheers! :mmmbeer:
i love guinness too. but i have to say that after tasting it fresh near the source, the bottled/canned (and even the kegged) guinness we get here is just not the same...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:I can only usually drink only one in a sitting though
Lightweight.

NwBrewer -> :partyman: <- Norris
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Dmitchell
Perma Narc'd

Post by Dmitchell »

The New Alaskan White is some really good stuff!
Dave Mitchell
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Lightweight.

Ha ha they are just so filling.....

Btw I never did tell you Jake, your beer was really good with Steaks and prawns.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Norris wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
Lightweight.

Ha ha they are just so filling.....

Btw I never did tell you Jake, your beer was really good with Steaks and prawns.
:occasion5: I found that recipe to be good with spicy foods. I made a new batch with some slight tweeks (less hops) and I think I like it a little better.

I have 5 gallons of Budvar lager chilling right now, and 10gallons of Cream Ale is bubbling away slowly in my garage. Mmmm beer....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I'm drinking a Boont Amber from Anderson Valley Brewing right now. Damn it's good. So gooood. Mmmmmm.
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

That Walking Man brewery in Stevenson makes some really nice brews. I've hung around europe too long so I like some of the Belgium and German beers (Hoegaarden and Franziskaner) but Guinness is always a favorite. We are lucky to live in the great northwest with a lot of great local brews.
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I love both those beers. I also liked Henninger in Germany with the little tutu things they put around the bottom of the glasses. I think the most beerful country I have ever been to is The Czech Republic. As long as you like good Pilsner you just can't beat it. You don't get the flavor of the British Isles but ya just can't beat $1 a litre. :occasion5:
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

It's true- the Czech's make good beer too. I have to say, we have it the best for micros though. I think for sheer variety and best taste, the Belgium's have us all beat.
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Leithius
Just Settling In

Post by Leithius »

Speaking of Belgium beer, you guys ever had Chimay? That trappist abbey beer from the monks in Belgium? Good god, that stuff will make you more s***tfaced than 211 Steel Reserve. It's around 7-8% and mighty tasty. On an empty stomach you'll be passed out homeless sleeping it off in a doorway. :huge:
60% of the time it works, every time...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Leithius wrote:Speaking of Belgium beer, you guys ever had Chimay? That trappist abbey beer from the monks in Belgium? Good god, that stuff will make you more s***tfaced than 211 Steel Reserve. It's around 7-8% and mighty tasty. On an empty stomach you'll be passed out homeless sleeping it off in a doorway. :huge:
that beer is awesome. and for the price, i'd better be passed out in a doorway.
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

mmmmm...Chimay. It is spendy tho----Have any of you tried Lindemans - Framboise? Its a lambic beer and its made more from fruits....sweet but really good for a change. Its easy to find here in bottles but if you are lucky you can find it on tap. The Belgium dubbels and trippels can get pretty sweet too because their alcohol content is sooooo high. :thumb3d: :mmmbeer: :partyman:

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i just cracked open an Alaskan White wheat ale, and, although i was skeptical at first, i have to say...

...this stuff is TASTY!

:mmmbeer:
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I just got back from the Organic Beer Festival at Overlook Park and I wish I could say which one was my favorite but they were all good. I just love all beers. The drunk part of it also helped to erase my memory :mmmbeer: