Great service from South Beach Scuba

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
OreCoastDiver
Avid Diver

Great service from South Beach Scuba

Post by OreCoastDiver »

I think Scott at South Beach Scuba is doing a good job. Monday afternoon my brother and I went into Scott's new shop for a fill. I told him that we were planning to dive every day this week. On Tuesday I got an email from him saying he would be closed on Wednesday and offered to lend us two of his tanks at no charge because he would not be in the shop to give us a fill. We each had two tanks so we just used our second tank at Netarts on Wednesday. No problem. But the offer was great. He also did an on-the-spot VIP for my brother's expired tanks and on our last visit there Saturday evening helped my brother rinse his gear really good for the trip home to Wyoming.

If Scott keeps up this kind of exceptional customer service I'm sure he will do real well.
Brandon
Compression is good for the soul.
oregondiver
Submariner

Re: Great service from South Beach Scuba

Post by oregondiver »

Sounds like a great referral having such great customer service. What town is this shop located in?
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
OreCoastDiver
Avid Diver

Post by OreCoastDiver »

oregondiver wrote:Sounds like a great referral having such great customer service. What town is this shop located in?
South Beach Scuba is 4909 S. Coast Highway, suite 305, South Beach, OR 97366, 541-867-4944. The shop's a little hard to find because it's off the highway in a storage/business park behind the South Beach post office. His gear selection is slowly gathering steam because he's a new shop. But it seems like he gets a little more each week. His compresser and fills are top notch and he can do nitrox to 50%.
Brandon
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nothing like having a good LDS in your area. Customer service at my nearest shop went South, plus - they couldn't supply the gasses I eventually started to need, so now we're making our own fill station.
OreCoastDiver
Avid Diver

Post by OreCoastDiver »

Tangfish wrote:Nothing like having a good LDS in your area.
We went without one in Lincoln County for four or five years, although the Marina Store will fill tanks, but only to 3000. Still it was great to have a place to get air.
Brandon
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

I stopped by this last week. Nice shop!!
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8