Taking applications for crew....

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
AB219
Aquaphile

Taking applications for crew....

Post by AB219 »

HI NW Divers

I will have room on board the boat for maybe 1 to 2 divers. If you would like to check out the Oregon coast this summer send me a message. Will be hitting Newport, Cape Lookout and Cape Falcon soon.

gl
Attachments
Multimedia message.jpeg
Multimedia message.jpeg (3.9 KiB) Viewed 5280 times
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Re: Taking applications for crew....

Post by -Aaron- »

My friend and I are very interested in doing some Oregon coast boat diving.

Mostly we dive on weekends, but we are less than an hour from Newport and have hour flexibility at work, so we could probably make things work if you are looking to dive different days.

The only boat dive I have had the opportunity to do off the Oregon Coast was Three Arch Rocks a few years back. It was a great dive and I have been really wanting to get a chance to get back out and explore the Oregon coast further.

Drop me a line at aaron<dot>gifford<at>gmail.com or PM me here if you have some room.

Aaron
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

-Aaron- wrote:My friend and I are very interested in doing some Oregon coast boat diving.

Mostly we dive on weekends, but we are less than an hour from Newport and have hour flexibility at work, so we could probably make things work if you are looking to dive different days.

The only boat dive I have had the opportunity to do off the Oregon Coast was Three Arch Rocks a few years back. It was a great dive and I have been really wanting to get a chance to get back out and explore the Oregon coast further.

Drop me a line at aaron<dot>gifford<at>gmail.com or PM me here if you have some room.

Aaron

Will do... I will shoot you an e-mail. Always room on the boat.

gl
Attachments
Multimedia message-1.jpeg
Multimedia message-1.jpeg (3.39 KiB) Viewed 5174 times
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California

no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

GL where do you put in for diving the two capes and how many miles of a run are they? I have my own boat and would love to be able to kick along and go with someone who knows the area. I have been to three arch rocks and the pinaccle off of Pacific city (launched right off beach) but it has been years ago. Thanks stan..
Leithius
Just Settling In

Post by Leithius »

IMe and my buddy are down for some boat diving this summer for sure. When were you thinking?
60% of the time it works, every time...
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

no excuses wrote:GL where do you put in for diving the two capes and how many miles of a run are they? I have my own boat and would love to be able to kick along and go with someone who knows the area. I have been to three arch rocks and the pinaccle off of Pacific city (launched right off beach) but it has been years ago. Thanks stan..

I would put in at the Garabaldi ramp for the 2 Capes, Cape Lookout which is approx. 16 miles south. Cape Falcon is approx. 13 miles north of Garabaldi. To cut your mileage down, you could launch off Pacific City to do Cape Lookout and Gearhart Beach to do Cape Falcon to the south. Be warned... Gearhart Beach is not a easy launch.

You are always welcome aboard to join me on my boat for a ride out to the dive spots...

gl
Attachments
m_a79b18efb39a44c5ab7a874c7b3865f5.jpg
m_a79b18efb39a44c5ab7a874c7b3865f5.jpg (4.51 KiB) Viewed 5053 times
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California

AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Leithius wrote:IMe and my buddy are down for some boat diving this summer for sure. When were you thinking?

Late June, last three weeks in July, first three weeks in August and first two weeks in September....
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'll have to let you know when I head down to Newport. It will probably be sometime in mid-August when one of my friends is going to spend a month away from home training at the hospital.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Leithius
Just Settling In

Post by Leithius »

AB219 wrote:
Leithius wrote:IMe and my buddy are down for some boat diving this summer for sure. When were you thinking?

Late June, last three weeks in July, first three weeks in August and first two weeks in September....

I'm a few of these dates will work - prob closer to the July timeframe
60% of the time it works, every time...
Aquanomad
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Aquanomad »

Hey GL,
I live in Waldport and dive out here pretty frequently. I have been doing a fair amount of offshore diving recently and would love to tag along for some boat dives. I'm self employed and fairly flexible so I can make a dive on short notice. Give me a call sometime and lets go diving!
Ian Chun
541-915-4886
aquanomad@yahoo.com
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Will be calling all of you when I am heading out, hope our schedules match.

gl
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California

AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

Interviews will be conducted for boat crew at the Barview Jetty on 6/19/2009 at 9:30am, center access.... Bring your shore diving gear.

gl
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California

no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

would love to come but have to take my dad to the hospital on friday :( .

Stan