Vis reports on OR coast

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Vis reports on OR coast

Post by no excuses »

just wondering if anybody had been diving of the coast and if so how th eviz had been? conditions have been pretty mellow so was hoping someone had been out, thanks stan..
Aquanomad
Getting To Know Folks

Re: Vis reports on OR coast

Post by Aquanomad »

Hey No Excuses,
Went out this morning a few miles off Seal Rock. Vis was marginal. The water column was thick with blobby blooms but bottom conditions were fair, ~10'-15'. The weather is perfect though. Virtually no swell, no wind, and no rain. The Oregon coast trifecta. I'll be out more tomorrow and let you know if we find clearer water. Also, I'm going to start a thread where I will post daily dive experiences and conditions. Hope you make it out soon.
Ian
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Thanks for the information. I am working on organizing a day trip to dive on the coast before long, so its great to get a report on how things are looking. A regular Oregon conditions and vis report thread would be great :)
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Ian,look forward to the reports, was thinking of going out this Friday but have school so its a no go and Sat. have the g/f duaghter so this weekend is a no go also . Depends on conditions on next week, I have been keeping an eye on the marine forcast and hope that they are not to far off lol. As soon as it looks like a good window for diving (on a Friday or Sat. my days off) I am going to try to get out there.

stan