Oregon Coast Spear Fishing

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
NomadV
Just Settling In

Oregon Coast Spear Fishing

Post by NomadV »

Chartered the Andrea K for a spearfishing trip last Sunday 6/07/09, had a great time, speared plenty of fish, what more can you ask for. looks like we will be doing another trip end of July if anyone is interested. The Adrea K is out of Tillamook Bay, we sailed down the Coast to Cape lookout for our spearfishing and Scalloping. I didn't get any scallops, (wasn't properly equipped) but could have speared fish all day if there wasn't a limit, oh and I didn't have to come to the surface. I grinned the entire car ride back to Gresham, Oregon. :bounceline:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Oregon Coast Spear Fishing

Post by no excuses »

alright more info on the viz and how was diving cape lookout, give us more info :angelblue:

stan
NomadV
Just Settling In

Re: Oregon Coast Spear Fishing

Post by NomadV »

We dove 2 different sites the first was for scallops 3-5 foot vis, depth was 50ft, the next was a little closer into the cape vis there was 20+ depth was 30-50ft LOTS of nice rock fish, sea bass, perch, etc. etc, this was my first spearfishing trip, but others who were seasoned veterans were impressed and having a ball! Our Skipper on the Andrea K was and ole retired Navy salt named Dick Kangas who was a pleasure to sail with and very knowledgeable. Going to hire him for some private spear fishing charters in the future. If your interested drop me a line if I can swing it I get you on our next trip but think its allready booked full. Dick will only take out 6 divers at a time so as to allow for complete safety, and pleasant dive experience. :metal: