July 4th and 5th Garibaldi area

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

July 4th and 5th Garibaldi area

Post by no excuses »

Going to be camping and boat diving in the garibaldi/Netarts area on the 4th and 5th. If the ocean cooperates will go out and play there, if not will dive in the bays, throw out the crab pots and spearfishing and clam diving. I will be camping at the old mill marina in Garibaldi, can launch boat from there or move to different location for dives. Let me know if youre interested in coming out to dive :boucegreen: :breakdance:
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Re:July 3rd Newport and July 4th Garibaldi coast diving

Post by no excuses »

So know one wants to come dive :(, I am also going to be in the Newport area Friday afternoon and looking for someone to dive with Friday afternoon for a dive or two :neener:
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Re: July 4th and 5th Garibaldi area

Post by -Aaron- »

Hey no excuses :).

I think I would be interested in some dives on Friday and possibly Saturday. I'm not a spearfisher, but it would be nice to get back in the water. I've been landlocked for the past few weeks :P. What time were you thinking about on Friday? I have work in the morning, but I was thinking maybe I could kick off around lunch and head over to Newport. Its about an hour drive from here, not sure if that would work with the tides and your schedule. I will send you a PM with my contact information. Drop me a call or email and we can discuss details :).
AB219
Aquaphile

Post by AB219 »

no excuses wrote:Going to be camping and boat diving in the garibaldi/Netarts area on the 4th and 5th. If the ocean cooperates will go out and play there, if not will dive in the bays, throw out the crab pots and spearfishing and clam diving. I will be camping at the old mill marina in Garibaldi, can launch boat from there or move to different location for dives. Let me know if youre interested in coming out to dive :boucegreen: :breakdance:

In for a Sunday dive if the water report from you on Saturday sounds good. Vis. in the Bay?
Sending you a PM.

g
Let's Go Diving at:
A) Oregon coast
B) Fort Bragg California
C) Monterey California
D) Puget Sound Washington

"It's not about the dive, but the journey taken."
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Will give u a call Saturday afternoon
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

-Aaron- wrote:Hey no excuses :).

I think I would be interested in some dives on Friday and possibly Saturday. I'm not a spearfisher, but it would be nice to get back in the water. I've been landlocked for the past few weeks :P. What time were you thinking about on Friday? I have work in the morning, but I was thinking maybe I could kick off around lunch and head over to Newport. Its about an hour drive from here, not sure if that would work with the tides and your schedule. I will send you a PM with my contact information. Drop me a call or email and we can discuss details :).
Hey Aaron was great to meet and dive with you on Friday, sorry we only got one dive in with having to get up to Garibaldi to check in at our camp. We ended up only being about 15min late lol. Did you get youre computer figured out ? It was great seeing all those nudibranchs on the tip of the third finger, man they were all over the place. Ended up going down to Cape Lookout and had some awsome dives, viz was not that great about 5' but just to get back in the ocean for some ocean diving :breakdance: . The colors and life was just great , and will def. be heading back that way. Ended up putting over 90 miles on the boat this weekend running around, it was great.

stan
Last edited by no excuses on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

AB219 wrote:
no excuses wrote:Going to be camping and boat diving in the garibaldi/Netarts area on the 4th and 5th. If the ocean cooperates will go out and play there, if not will dive in the bays, throw out the crab pots and spearfishing and clam diving. I will be camping at the old mill marina in Garibaldi, can launch boat from there or move to different location for dives. Let me know if youre interested in coming out to dive :boucegreen: :breakdance:

In for a Sunday dive if the water report from you on Saturday sounds good. Vis. in the Bay?
Sending you a PM.

g

Gary,

sorry it was so late when I called you, willl have to try to hook up again at another time. Viz was not the best but still had some great dives..

stan
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Stan,

Glad you had a nice weekend, it was nice meeting you as well. Regarding the computer, it turned out that we had put in the wrong type of 1/2 AA battery. After some fiddling at the shop we realized the mistake and swapped in the correct one. The computer fired right up and worked fine the rest of the weekend :). I guess it's not quite time for me to switch to a wrist mount :P.

Sounds like some decent dives up north. I ended up doing a drift dive on the North Santiam river on Sunday below the Detroit dam. It was a lot of fun and an interesting change of pace. There was some really cool underwater rock structure and cliffs and some trout, catfish, sculpins, and crawdads. It was a great day to be at the river, nice temperatures and blue skies. Plus, now I know another place to dive within an hour of my house, so it should be handy for day trips.