Hagg lake

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Hagg lake

Post by FlyinV »

Has anyone ever dove in Hagg Lake near Forest Grove?
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Gooch
Submariner

Re: Hagg lake

Post by Gooch »

I would be willing to look at the mud and beer cans with you there. Maybe I could find another anchor. We have to get you out to more interesting dive sites :)
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Hagg Lake is a man made lake and there are buildings or at least foundations in the lake. I have just not gotten around to looking at the old maps to find them. If the maps exist I have access to them because I am one of the Washington County cartographers. If anyone is interested it will motivate me to look for the maps.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

selkie wrote:Hagg Lake is a man made lake and there are buildings or at least foundations in the lake. I have just not gotten around to looking at the old maps to find them. If the maps exist I have access to them because I am one of the Washington County cartographers. If anyone is interested it will motivate me to look for the maps.
i'm interested. any idea how deep the lake gets?
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Please Selkie if you get a free moment to look for them that would really be cool :clap:

Code: Select all

We have to get you out to more interesting dive sites 
haha Gooch! -- I may move closer to the cool dive sites next summer or fall :)
I don't mind driving up to the sound a couple times a month but the drive every weekend is a bit much.
Yes thats how often I would like to dive!
Jeff V
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I also would be interested in those maps. That would be great if you could find them Selkie.
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

My dad lives in Forest Grove so I might be coaxed into coming down and checking this one out. My brother has caught a lot of fish in that lake.
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

I live in Forest Grove and do all the electrical work for the dam. I have never dove it but know some who have. Pretty much a mud hole, vis 3-4 foot at most. A person could follow the road down the north side and see what could be found. Just past the turnoff to cross the dam is what is left of the old road disapearing into the murk. I used to drive around there before the dam was built. All the structures were removed before the flood. What remains of what was once "Scoggins Valley", is probably some foundations. For water levels and other interesting info check out this link. http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/data/tualatin.html
Thanks, Doug
If only I had Gills
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Here ya go
scoggins dam.jpg
If only I had Gills
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Thanks for the info Doug on the old road Doug.
Its too bad its a complete mud hole :(

I will still put it on the list to check out some weekend when I can't make it north and need to burn a tank.
Jeff V