NEWPORT - 10/24/09!

A place for Oregonians to plan a car-pooling road trip, find a nearby diveable mudhole, and meet new local dive buddies.
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Re: NEWPORT - 10/24/09!

Post by nice-diver »

WHO IS DOING NEWPORT SATURDAY AFTERNOON????
i flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nice-diver/

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather, because it's easier to harrass rich women than motorcycle gangs!
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

Yup, don't know when, but going to try. Weather and ocean permitting.
Doug
If only I had Gills
kat
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by kat »

"As long as you get everything tucked into your pants, you are good to go." -wasp7000
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

:neener: Hey Dave it was great to meet you, had a great time and the diving was awsome. Hope you have a great time tomorrow on the charter boat. Lets do it again in a few:breakdance:
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

So who went to Newport besides me?
Doug
If only I had Gills
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Diver Doug wrote:So who went to Newport besides me?
Doug

How was the diving down there??
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

Post by Diver Doug »

It was the first time I dove the fingers. I think vis was probably typical 5-6 ft. Dove the 4th finger, macro life was pretty slim, but the normal stars and anenomes were there. Saw one ling about 2 ft and several small perch, greenling, and rocks.
Max depth 27 fsw, 55 degrees.
Doug
If only I had Gills
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

no excuses wrote::neener: Hey Dave it was great to meet you, had a great time and the diving was awsome. Hope you have a great time tomorrow on the charter boat. Lets do it again in a few:breakdance:
Hey Stan, good to meet you too. Tell Captain Marie thanks again. There definately is a low O2 event going on in Hood Canal right now which would explain the condition of all the critters we saw. There's a thread on it in the "General Scuba Discussion" section if you haven't seen it already. The charter went fairly well. Had a mask strap issue and a dump valve issue but go to see Waterman's Wall as we flew by in the current and Alki Reef. Alki Reef would be the perfect candidate for your Zodiac er, I mean Avon :smt064 . It was one of the best sites I have been to yet! Let me know of any plans for November.
I also have to make it down to Newport this winter now that I know it is fairly unaffected by the swell and general nastiness of the ocean in Winter.