The General.... where is it?

General topics about technical diving.
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

The General.... where is it?

Post by McGlencoe »

Where is "The General"?

Thought I searched the site pretty thoroughly, saw a couple mentions of the General, but nothing that talks about the location.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: The General.... where is it?

Post by BillZ »

The General is a great dive. On the wreck I've seen yellow eye rockfish, huge ling cod and schools bait fish that you rarely see on the Puget Sound these days.

I found the wreck and we first dove it in February 2015. As a team there was much debate on if we should keep it to ourselves, publish the coordinates or something in between. Some folks in our team wanted to keep it completely secret, which I didn't agree with (It's really too nice not to share with others). On the other hand, if it were published on the internet, it wouldn't be long before the fishing crowd found out and and started to harvest the ling cod (as a former fisherman I can understand the urge). Also, it's a tech dive - the bow of the wreck is at 145 and the stern is at 180. Although it's not an extreme dive, It's not something that should be taken lightly.

So I decided we'd release the info on a limited basis. My thought was that we'd try to keep the location as a "know secret", like the Dawn in Lake Washington. So far so good - to the best of my knowledge it still hasn't been fished.

So if you want to dive the General let me know - I'd be more than happy to take you out there as long as you agree not to publish the location.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: The General.... where is it?

Post by H20doctor »

Ocean Quest Dives that wreck a lot you can talk to them also.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen