New to tech

General topics about technical diving.
Scubadiver3500
Just Settling In

New to tech

Post by Scubadiver3500 »

So it looks like no one has been on this section in quite a while but I figured I’d give it a shot. As a recently certified tech diver ( advanced Nitrox/ decompression procedures) I am trying to expand my list of teammates to plan and execute dives with. If anyone wants to get into some deco let me know and we can plan a dive!
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: New to tech

Post by Jeff Pack »

You need a trimix cert in there... :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Scubadiver3500
Just Settling In

Post by Scubadiver3500 »

I know, but trimix is next on my class list
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

Do you have a scooter? Most tech dives around here require one. At your level, you can do the Valiant in Lake Washington, or long kick dives at 100 feet, but with a scoot, that opens up the Alki fishing reef, Cove 2/monolith as a deco dive (40 minutes at 100 feet nets you 5 minutes of deco or so. If you have double 130s, you can push it farther), and a few other spots. Plus, scoots are a good safety device if you do a current sensitive site, and screw it up.
eh.haole
Avid Diver

Post by eh.haole »

I'm up on Whidbey and haven't really needed to incur deco for good dives in while. But for the right objective I might be keen. Is it worth going 'deep' (e.g. ~35-45m) at Cove 2 or Mukilteo? Is there anything must-see at those depths? Diamond Knot would be nice. Flagpole Point? Are you doing any helium in your gas? 20%?

I have the Tec45 cert also and have recently moved over to a JJ-CCR at the equivalent depth/tec level. The twin HP100s are now split apart as top-ups for my diluent and bailout cylinders.
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

It's fun to go to the Not MT6 over in Cove 1. It's 60m/200 feet, and you'd better have some helium in your mix!

The lake has a bunch of fun wrecks, and there's some good deep wall dives in Tacoma.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jeff Pack wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 pm You need a trimix cert in there... :)
What Jeff said. I'm happy to go with you sometime, but quite frankly if you're on air or nitrox its going to be a deeper rec dive (<120ft) not a tech dive.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.