This......or This?

Discuss Team Diving here.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

This......or This?

Post by Pez7378 »

So. I've got a young friend that want's to learn to dive. His goal is to go to DIT and become a Commercial diver, but he's asked me about learning to dive locally before he makes such a big commitment to see if he likes it. I'm providing him with as many resources as I can, and I'm even giving him a very short list of instructors that I think he should consider for his classes. Any one of you could probably guess which 4 I recommended. I also wanted to send him some video's to watch so he understands why I think that some scuba training is different than others. Which should I send him?

This..........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS95o7OJ ... re=related[/youtube]

or This?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjhgNQYp ... re=related[/youtube]

LOL! I know, it's a trick question! The answer is BOTH~!

Marcoux, where can I find that video of the DIR guys back finning across the screen of a PADI Instructor class?
Geek
Pelagic

Re: This......or This?

Post by Geek »

Pez7378 wrote: Marcoux, where can I find that video of the DIR guys back finning across the screen of a PADI Instructor class?

Redondo on a sat :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:Marcoux, where can I find that video of the DIR guys back finning across the screen of a PADI Instructor class?
You mean, this priceless classic?! I'd say have him check out Cove 2 or Redondo on a Saturday, but those are typically OW students... these are instructor-candidates and instructor-trainers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK1VrSx09E[/youtube]
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Geek wrote:
Pez7378 wrote: Marcoux, where can I find that video of the DIR guys back finning across the screen of a PADI Instructor class?

Redondo on a sat :angelblue:
#-o
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

FWIW, a buddy of mine recently was "kicked off" his training platform in their local quarry by another OW instructor because HIS OW students were hovering mid-water above the platform doing all their skills and the OTHER instructor thought he was hogging the training platform "when he wasn't even using it." Platforms in the quarry are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sounder wrote:You mean, this priceless classic?!
That's it~!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Pez7378 wrote:
Sounder wrote:You mean, this priceless classic?!
That's it~!
Dude... would you please post more?! Seriously. You and Joe need to post more... and let me know when we're diving more often too. Rumor is you've gone "stroke" on us. :queenliz:

Trust me and Ben... new kiddos does NOT mean you stop diving. It does mean you start looking at quality of quantity a bit (MMM or Tweek versus the Diamond Knot), but it most certainly does NOT necessarily mean you stop diving. I have #2 on the way, and am already looking at favorable tides during maternity/paternity leave time. :taco:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Sounder wrote:I have #2 on the way,
God help us all.

Congradulations? :eric:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Commercial diving ain't like either video anyway. Its standing on the bottom with wrench (or welding torch) in hand wearing no fins, weighted boots & a hardhat with surface supply and a comm line. Think UW construction in a silt bomb not pretty fishies. Although I do know a few commercial guys who have dive recreationally and have mad skills, James Novares in Sacremento is one, he's done alot of cool recreational stuff in Lake Tahoe.
Last edited by CaptnJack on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

You know, we haven't had a good, passionate description of a #2 on the ferry in quite a while... :rofl:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Sounder wrote:Dude... would you please post more?! Seriously. You and Joe need to post more...
For every one person that says that, there's 10 begging us to stay in the shadows.
Sounder wrote:Rumor is you've gone "stroke" on us.
That doesn't work on me! I've seen video of your classes :neener: