UTD T1 or Rec3 experience dives (or GUE T1 too)

Discuss Team Diving here.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

UTD T1 or Rec3 experience dives (or GUE T1 too)

Post by CaptnJack »

A number for people here have finished classes like UTD Tech1 (or Rec3) in the past 6 months or so. I'm wondering what the interest level is for an afterwork experience dive on Lobster Shack wall? The wall is just west of Les Davis along the Tacoma waterfront. The top is at 85fsw-ish and drops as a sheer clay wall to about 140ft before becoming a steep silt slope (which then goes back to being a wall deeper, like slanting stairs). Lots of little critters like gunnels and shrimp in the wall. Visibility is usually kinda blech since its influenced by the Puyallup River silt plume.

Can be done as a recreational dive too, so happy to organize a group of 32% and another on 25/25 & O2. I'd rather skip a 21/35 dive since I have gobs of 25/25 already mixed up for a trip which didn't happen.

I'm thinking afterwork meet around 6pm next week. Wed October 20th?

(ps if you have alternative training and want to join, PM me and I'll go over some details with you and coordinate doing this with me or possibly another attendee)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Re: UTD T1 or Rec3 experience dives (or GUE T1 too)

Post by Sounder »

I'd love to do a 25/25 + O2 dive out there. I also have some 25/25 mixed up. Sounds like fun, and the 20th might just work too! If I can make it, I'm happy to tow someone out to the wall and back on the scooter (it's a bit of a swim).

I'll keep an eye on the planning.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

I might show up to see how really cool divers look :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Geek wrote:I might show up to see how really cool divers look :angelblue:
Its gets dark early, all you'll see is black :p
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd love to do something like that, depending on the day. That's a really horrible time to try to get anywhere, but I suppose I could go down rather early and get something to eat or otherwise kill some time.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:I'd love to do something like that, depending on the day. That's a really horrible time to try to get anywhere, but I suppose I could go down rather early and get something to eat or otherwise kill some time.
This was my thought too Lynne. Perhaps you and I could meet at a P&R in Bellevue or something and head down there early. That way we'd have carpool and could grab an early dinner before the dive?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Now you're talking!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:Now you're talking!
I just need to see if timing will work out - I get home from the UK Monday night so being home 1 night and then gone again the next may or may not work... I'm already calling Erica's girlfriends to see if they happen to be planning an evening play date. :joshsmith:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Going to switch to Tuesday the 19th.
You 2 are great but, I was hoping to get people who haven't done Lobster Shack or who only have a couple of 25/25ish dives out here.
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

sorry, release date of Fallout:New Vegas... got to have your priorities.... ;)
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

CaptnJack wrote:Going to switch to Tuesday the 19th.
You 2 are great but, I was hoping to get people who haven't done Lobster Shack or who only have a couple of 25/25ish dives out here.
That would be me. I would love to come but can't. I appreciate that you're putting something like this together for people like us.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

I would love to do this as well!!! Unfortunately, Tue & Wed don't work for me due to standing comitments on those days. I would be available, Thur or Friday Oct 21 or 22 is at all doable.

Lauri
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

airsix wrote: That would be me. I would love to come but can't. I appreciate that you're putting something like this together for people like us.
We make special plans for you cause you're special :luv:

We are now a go for Tuesday the 19th. 6pm-ish.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

CaptnJack wrote:We are now a go for Tuesday the 19th. 6pm-ish.
I definitely can't make that one. I'm sure lots of people will come now!! :angry:
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Wednesday was iffy. Can definitely do Tuesday!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I think Peter and I will be able to make the Tuesday dive, and I'll talk to Kirk, too.

I know we aren't the demographic, but on the other hand, if somebody needs a buddy, I'm happy to team up with somebody who hasn't done the dive before.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF wrote:I think Peter and I will be able to make the Tuesday dive, and I'll talk to Kirk, too.

I know we aren't the demographic, but on the other hand, if somebody needs a buddy, I'm happy to team up with somebody who hasn't done the dive before.
Cool, be good to see Kirk again too :)
We have at least one or two folks who haven't been there or its been a long time. Personally I've never done Lobster shack this late in the day, I'm guessing it will be rather dark.