Scubro DIR Tec systems?

Discuss Team Diving here.
Kees
Avid Diver

Re: Scubro DIR Tec systems?

Post by Kees »

Waynne Fowler wrote: the SP version is very similar, the biggest differences I note is the 'shape' of the wing... big squared off corners(read that as 'another area to trap air')..
Keep in mind that you've posted a single tank halcyon wing and that you're comparing it to a double tank scubapro wing. The shapes are (and should be) quite different.
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Kees wrote: Keep in mind that you've posted a single tank halcyon wing and that you're comparing it to a double tank scubapro wing. The shapes are (and should be) quite different.
Most people are better served by slightly more bowing of the sides. Otherwise its easy for the gas to slosh for and aft from slight changes in trim. Another way of saving a slight amount of tacoing is actually useful to create a stable pocket for the gas therein.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Now if only I could put a decent Bladder in this gorgeous 100% DIR approved wing:

it would almost be a shame to squeeze it between a plate and a tank.. I'd rather go sidemount this baby!

:taco:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

kdupreez wrote:Now if only I could put a decent Bladder in this gorgeous 100% DIR approved wing:
Ben Stiller had one in Dodgeball.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey