Jan 15th, 2010

Discuss Team Diving here.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Jan 15th, 2010

Post by CaptnJack »

I have 1 spot available for a 25/25 dive with O2 on Waterman's Wall on Jan 15th. Roughly 30mins at average 110fsw BT. Probable 2nd dive in China Wall or maybe one of the Norrander's rock ribs, the Boss etc. Launching from Manchester (Kitsap Co).

Right now I have Nils, Austin and myself. We are bringing scooters and my extra is taken so you'd need one of those too.

If you're interested reply here or PM for times & more details.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
selkie
Submariner

Re: Jan 15th, 2010

Post by selkie »

How was this dive? :smt064
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

selkie wrote:How was this dive? :smt064
? was?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

I think that your calendar needs to be changed to 2011?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Rockfish wrote:I think that your calendar needs to be changed to 2011?
Hah right, you should see my checkbook lol
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

OK so far we got:
Peter
Lauri
Sounder
Austin
Nils
Me

Nottie leaving from Shilshole(?) Water Dog leaving from Manchester. I'm not sure about Nottie, but room for 1 more in my boat.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Nottie will be leaving from Alki and there is room for 1 more. BUT, important BUT, I do NOT haul trailers in snow or icy conditions. So, I will be making a Go - No Go decision late Thursday/Friday on this! And yes, I may be wussie but that's the way it is! And yes, I have hauled trailers (loaded with horses) in snow -- slipping and sliding -- and only do it if absolutely necessary.
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Peter Guy wrote:Nottie will be leaving from Alki and there is room for 1 more. BUT, important BUT, I do NOT haul trailers in snow or icy conditions. So, I will be making a Go - No Go decision late Thursday/Friday on this! And yes, I may be wussie but that's the way it is! And yes, I have hauled trailers (loaded with horses) in snow -- slipping and sliding -- and only do it if absolutely necessary.
Cherry picker
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
nilsdiver
Just Settling In

Post by nilsdiver »

Cherries are tasty.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Still at least one space for non-wussies ;)
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

I can't make this date but please keep me posted on future diving fun. Of the wussy or non-wussy variety.
*Caveat to said non-wussiness: I can't guarantee I'd survive 6 hours in nearly freezing temps like y'all did last weekend. :) But I did greatly appreciate the safe return of the Scout!!!
BDub wrote:
Peter Guy wrote:Nottie will be leaving from Alki and there is room for 1 more. BUT, important BUT, I do NOT haul trailers in snow or icy conditions. So, I will be making a Go - No Go decision late Thursday/Friday on this! And yes, I may be wussie but that's the way it is! And yes, I have hauled trailers (loaded with horses) in snow -- slipping and sliding -- and only do it if absolutely necessary.
Cherry picker
I'll give you that one after seeing y'all in action last weekend. :) You kids got it goin' on...
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

We don't let a little ice get in the way of fun! :brute:

Actual ice scootering in Ontario a couple years ago...
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I can't guarantee I'd survive 6 hours in nearly freezing temps like y'all did last weekend.
I have this vague memory of seeing you on a boat on the 31st . . . air temps in the 20s, water in the high 40's. Right? :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Jan 15th, 2011

Post by CaptnJack »

Bumpity bump still got a space for 1 more. Loaner scooter can be found if need be.

Recreational 32% or 25/25+O2 profiles (although if you really want I can reorganize buddy teams to do 21/35+50%)

Lamont? Kdupreez?
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

LCF wrote:
I can't guarantee I'd survive 6 hours in nearly freezing temps like y'all did last weekend.
I have this vague memory of seeing you on a boat on the 31st . . . air temps in the 20s, water in the high 40's. Right? :)
Who, me? ;)

We at least had a bit of a cabin in which to hide from the wind. The day I met up with BDub, RJack, Jeanna, and Lauri and had our VERY dramatic Scout-reunion moment they were off to do two back-to-back lake dives off of RJack's RIB/zodiac... high 20sF air, 42F lake. Uffda!!!
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

seainggreen wrote:
LCF wrote:
Who, me? ;)

We at least had a bit of a cabin in which to hide from the wind. The day I met up with BDub, RJack, Jeanna, and Lauri and had our VERY dramatic Scout-reunion moment they were off to do two back-to-back lake dives off of RJack's RIB/zodiac... high 20sF air, 42F lake. Uffda!!!
http://beta.weather.com/weather/weekend/USWA0350
High of 50F, low of 47F, 70% chance of rain

And your excuse is??? :smt064 :partydance: :eric:
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

CaptnJack wrote:And your excuse is??? :smt064 :partydance: :eric:
Already committed to other dive plans made eons ago for the same day of the technical-depth-project-avec-camera variety.

But seriously, please do keep me posted on upcoming dates!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

seainggreen wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:And your excuse is??? :smt064 :partydance: :eric:
Already committed to other dive plans made eons ago for the same day of the technical-depth-project-avec-camera variety.

But seriously, please do keep me posted on upcoming dates!
Coolio, just pulling your chain :angelblue:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Nils, Austin and myself were able to get on Waterman's with a very nice slack today. 2nd dive on the Wreck of the Boss (which actually had way more fish). I'll work up the video shortly...