The newest GUE Affiliate!

Discuss Team Diving here.
LCF
I've Got Gills

The newest GUE Affiliate!

Post by LCF »

I'm proud to help announce that, thanks to some hard work on the parts of Koos du Preez, Laurynn Evans, Margaret Christopher, DAve Mercer and a little bit from me, GUE Seattle is an official GUE Affiliate organization. What does this mean? It means headquarters support for things like starting up a local chapter of Project Baseline, and other ideas for exploration, education and conservation.

We'll be marking our beginning with a special event. GUE Cave instructor Mark Messersmith will be giving a presentation on the work of the WKPP at the Aurora Avenue Underwater Sports, at 7 pm on December 15th. If this is like the talk I heard him give in April of last year, it's got some GREAT photo and video associated with it, and is pretty fascinating. Hope to see a lot of folks there!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: The newest GUE Affiliate!

Post by kdupreez »

Yaahaw! Thanks Lynne!!

For more details on GUE Seattle's Exploration, Conservation and Education projects, keep an eye on http://www.gue-seattle.org

I expect NWDC will see a few awesome conservation and exploration projects to be kicked off soon by members this local non-profit org!

:supz:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I tried ordering some Koolaid at Starbucks on the way to work. Apparently they haven't gotten the memo yet.

Congrats on the Affiliation!
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

I should add that Doug Marcoux has also been an integral part of the planning and rollout of GUE Seattle... can't have a plan without a marketing genius to pitch in ideas. :)

There are many exciting projects, classes, and just plain old fun diving opportunities coming up. Stay tuned!

Laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Very exciting and overdue things are coming!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Congratulations this is going to be great, I can't wait to Join.

And Matt You are obviously not going to the right starbucks. they do sell the Koolaid You just have to ask for a double cup for redundancy and they will know exactly what you mean. and make sure you keep you wallet in the same pocket as everyone else in line with you!!
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

And don't forget, order it BLACK! :D
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames