Hoodies on the Hood

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Hoodies on the Hood

Post by Greg Jensen » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Jones'n for some hooded nudies but don't have the time and/or $$$ to go to God's Pocket?

Head over to Twanoh State Park and go in to the left of the docks- there are hundreds of them in the eelgrass (just 10' at high tide). Also huge numbers of white lined dironas (big too), lots of Hermissenda. And vis shallow is crystal clear.

Twanoh usually doesn't have much to recommend, but right now it's pretty dang good. And keep an eye out for my wife's weight pocket.

Vjw
Compulsive Diver

Re: Hoodies on the Hood

Post by Vjw » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:18 pm

Wow! Dove this site several years ago, and it was terrible - all rubble, sand, and 4 ‘Twinkie’ nudis. Good to know there’s more life there now and specifically, hooded nudis! :joshsmith:

stphnmartin
Perma Narc'd

Post by stphnmartin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:19 am

Cool! Would that be to the left of the boat launch docks to the west? Or the dock to the east?
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X

Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Post by Greg Jensen » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Sorry, forgot about the other dock. Go to the left of the boat launch.

The other interesting thing there yesterday were the huge numbers of small moon snails. I almost never see live juvenile moon snails, just big ones- but there were lots of golf ball sized ones cruising around.

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:55 pm

Sounds super cool!:)
Thanks for the recommendations! Cannot wait to check it out!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:24 am

I am going to have to head that way ASAP!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"

Greg Jensen
Amphibian

Post by Greg Jensen » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:37 pm

Be sure to go when the tide is fairly high- they''re on the smaller, non-native eelgrass (Zostera japonica) so shallower than the usual eelgrass beds.