Lake Washington Wreck Dives

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Lake Washington Wreck Dives

Post by Burntchef »

Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Windermere Park in Wolf Bay is gated & private so there's no shore access. I know one of the homeowners there so I theoretically <could> get the gate opened, but its easier to just use a boat.
I wasn't sure how for "just south" of the boat ramp was, as there is shore access at the park that we've used there before in the winter. There's not much to see, mainly golf balls and crawdads. (oh, and beer cans)
The "wolf bay" wreck is on chart 18447. Its way way too far to swim from Magnusen. Its probably scooterable from Windermere Park but the gate (a people gate not just a car gate) makes that pretty impractable. How about getting your boat out to Discovery Bay for the Warhawk on Feb 13th?
Ok, gottcha. I may try and get the boat out into the lake this weekend, might try and do a shallow wreck or 2 as long as I'm at it.

Not sure about the 13th, I think I'm supposed to be out of town. I'll check with my travel coordinator.
jake you can always count me in for a lake dive. i wish there were more people into lake diving, then small charters on howies boat would be a easy fill.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Burntchef wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:Windermere Park in Wolf Bay is gated & private so there's no shore access. I know one of the homeowners there so I theoretically <could> get the gate opened, but its easier to just use a boat.
I wasn't sure how for "just south" of the boat ramp was, as there is shore access at the park that we've used there before in the winter. There's not much to see, mainly golf balls and crawdads. (oh, and beer cans)
The "wolf bay" wreck is on chart 18447. Its way way too far to swim from Magnusen. Its probably scooterable from Windermere Park but the gate (a people gate not just a car gate) makes that pretty impractable. How about getting your boat out to Discovery Bay for the Warhawk on Feb 13th?
Ok, gottcha. I may try and get the boat out into the lake this weekend, might try and do a shallow wreck or 2 as long as I'm at it.

Not sure about the 13th, I think I'm supposed to be out of town. I'll check with my travel coordinator.
jake you can always count me in for a lake dive. i wish there were more people into lake diving, then small charters on howies boat would be a easy fill.
Howie needs to advertise them better many do not hear about them that would go. That actually goes for all the charter companies. i love it in CA the CA Dive News prints a 2 month schedule for all the charter boats.
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

loanwolf wrote: Howie needs to advertise them better many do not hear about them that would go. That actually goes for all the charter companies. i love it in CA the CA Dive News prints a 2 month schedule for all the charter boats.

is he doing anything in the lake? lets put something together on the p4y :burntchef:

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
loanwolf
Pelagic

Post by loanwolf »

Burntchef wrote:
loanwolf wrote: Howie needs to advertise them better many do not hear about them that would go. That actually goes for all the charter companies. i love it in CA the CA Dive News prints a 2 month schedule for all the charter boats.

is he doing anything in the lake? lets put something together on the p4y :burntchef:
I am game for anything in the lake who else is?
Greg
Life is Short do as Much as Possible in as Short of Period of Time as Possible.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

loanwolf wrote:
Burntchef wrote:

I am game for anything in the lake who else is?
going to start a new thread in the tech section

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

CaptnJack wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 am
Nwbrewer wrote:
We scooted the Wolf Bay wreck today from Magnussen. Quite doable, about a 30 min run at speed 3 on a cuda. Found a couple of unmarked wrecks as well - a number of rock piles and large fish to boot. Great viz lately!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

well this thread is a blast from the past :p
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.