Redondo Fizzle

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Redondo Fizzle

Post by dwashbur »

We met up with mcloed121 and smallrun at Redondo around 5 this afternoon, geared up and hit the water. For some of us, this dive was a whopping 8 minutes long; three of us had equipment problems, one got separated and lost, and the viz was so bad we decided it was dangerous. I have honestly never seen it that bad at Redondo; at 50 fsw we still couldn't see each other at arm's length. I don't know what was going on, but I would prefer never to see viz conditions like that again.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo Fizzle

Post by LCF »

The last time I dove Redondo was several weeks ago, when the viz was generally bad; we had a similar dive. We went to 85 feet and it never opened up. We had to dive so close together that we were bumping each other, in order not to lose one another, despite our lights. That was the dive from which I surfaced and sent my dry suit in for seal replacement. I'm with you -- I don't want to dive in those conditions, either.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
disappearinjon
Frequent Bubbler

Post by disappearinjon »

Funny, I was at Redondo with mcloed121 on Monday and viz was cruddy til about 35 feet, after which it was just fine.

Bummer it's gotten worse. Guess this is the time of year when things change quickly.
azathoth
Avid Diver

Post by azathoth »

LAst Wed with Mcleod121 it was bad to about 40ish going down, and our safety stop was just at the bottom of the layer, 17 ft or so.