Whats up MMM crew???

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Whats up MMM crew???

Post by dieseldude »

I hit muk Tdock last night on a mission & just a little worried that I would not get a parking spot since I expected to see the big MMM crew down there. There was only one car with a diver sitting inside waiting. I donned my gear, turned up mission impossible theme & headed out for one of the better T-dock dives I've ever hade dropping right into a humungo school of shiner surfperch & spooking a large Starry Flounder off the bottom as I headed out. Vis was flippin' awesome! I did my thing & came out & was approached by Blaiz(I think- I suck at remembering names)who apparently was stood up by your entire crew. Whats up with that? :smt064
I thought you folks had a regular thing goin'? Just want you to know you picked a lousy day not to dive. again :smt064
fishbowllinework822010 005.jpg
fishbowllinework822010 009.jpg
fishbowllinework822010 013.jpg
fishbowllinework822010 020.jpg
fishbowllinework822010 031.jpg
Just a few shots from my replacement camera which survived a MOD of 124 for about 23 minutes on this dive. Last dive I had a desicant bag stuffed in the case & the pressure was too much. It locked out my buttons until I got back to appx 50' & then started working again. I am undecided as to whether I like this one or not. More testing needed. I am uploading the vid clips now & will post later.
Remember Murphy's & MJ's law: The dive you blow off will likely be the dive you regret missing :stir:
MJ
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Whats up MMM crew???

Post by H20doctor »

What Up wid Dat ? LOL :stir: ... Trever , Matt, Joe, april, Jake , Brandon , Ross, .... I was watching attack of the Sharktopuss
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

H20doctor wrote:What Up wid Dat ? LOL :stir: ... Trever , Matt, Joe, april, Jake , Brandon , Ross, .... I was watching attack of the Sharktopuss
what? "sharktopus" aired last night?!?!
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Thats too bad/sad to hear. I was out of town from Thursday last week till late last night (big family campout/reunion in Westport).
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Bummer!!!! April, kitsap diver and I were in pre-class with BDub... we got to see a 10 ft2 area of Cove 2 while practicing our drills. Sorry I missed all the great stuff, but at least I'm feeling better about my back kick.

If my butt survives this weekend's class, I'm planning on being there next Mon.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Westport !!! And Ya didn't Dive the breakwater at Half Moon Bay ... Lazy Man ..
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Seriously Chris was that on last night?

Sharktopus...I have been getting my Google on to find an airing of that movie.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I was all set to dive, had the gear in the truck and everything... But Famous Daves BBQ was calling my name just a little bit louder. Of course the wife had something to do with it as well.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

H20doctor wrote:Westport !!! And Ya didn't Dive the breakwater at Half Moon Bay ... Lazy Man ..
I've asked around and never heard of any decent shore dives in the area (I assume this is shore accessible as I don't own a boat). We go there once or twice a summer. This was trip two this year. I'll have to check it out next year.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Did you just say, "I went diving at the Muk on Monday, and saw a diver sitting in her car, didn't introduce myself, went for a solo dive, got out of the water, talked to the diver that was waiting for someone to dive with, and found out nobody showed up for the MMM dive"?

REALLY?!?!?! Did you just say that? 'Cause that sounds totally Ridonkulous.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

sharktopus was not on the TV , I was making a funny .. you may resume to the Mysterious dissapearance of divers at MMM
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sorry dude, I was out of town. Was there no thread?

And allow me to give a +1 to Pez. If I see someone who's clearly a diver just sitting there on a Monday, I pretty much assume they are there for MMM.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

Y'all forgotted meh :crybaby:

But it was good to chat with you for a few minutes Dieseldude
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
dieseldude
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by dieseldude »

Pez7378 wrote:Did you just say, "I went diving at the Muk on Monday, and saw a diver sitting in her car, didn't introduce myself, went for a solo dive, got out of the water, talked to the diver that was waiting for someone to dive with, and found out nobody showed up for the MMM dive"?

REALLY?!?!?! Did you just say that? 'Cause that sounds totally Ridonkulous.
I may have been doing something that someone might not approve of for starters & for seconds after talking to this diver, My dive plan would have slightly exceeded her training at this stage of the game. Had I rationed my gas better, I would gladly have done a 2nd dive but alas I breathed it all up & was not really up for rerigging my regs for a singles tank dive, which now that I think about it, I didnt have an STA with me anyway so I would have had to sling it & go monkey. Still waiting for you to teach that class pez.
sorry for being such a poor representative of NWDC. I did try to be friendly. I'll go back to my corner & work on it.
I heard some other folks did a later dive & gave up a flashlight to the mean octo by the tdock. Glad he did not grab my camera. Supposedly got video'd. i'll see if I can get it posted.

GET OUT THERE & DIVE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mj
" What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I was having a fascinating dinner with the guy who started the Rubicon Research Repository (which, if you don't know about it, is a publicly accessible, searchable database of scientific literature relating to diving topics) and three research guys from the Naval Experimental Diving Unit. Doing that outranked diving for the evening . . . :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

mike is doing deep stuff at the muck for the tech peeps .... very nice ..
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I have been sailing all the time I haven't been working for the last few weeks. I'll resume my regular diving schedule in September.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver