Tons of Octos on eggs at the Coves!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Tons of Octos on eggs at the Coves!

Post by kdupreez »

Woa, its sure the invasion of Octozillas this 2010 !

Dove Cove 2 a while ago and theres an Octo on eggs under the Penguin, and another in a box at about 65fsw to the left.. I'm not sure if the one down by the log piles are on eggs yet, but there were 2 huges one's haning out there as well..

And then Dove Cove 1 on Sunday and there is a huuuuge Octo under the Monolith on eggs..

With all videos and news coverage, I think all the octo's are looking for their 5min of fame!!

Pretty cool to see though! :luv:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
mancub
Dive-aholic

Re: Tons of Octos on eggs at the Coves!

Post by mancub »

Good to hear!

A diver friend of mine is in town, and I have promised him GPOs on eggs. Glad our Puget Sound won't disappoint.
Jacob
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

The Monolyth eggs must be fresh - we were just out there the other day and didn't see any eggs, but did see the mama. There are a couple others on eggs but they're pretty deep and hard to see. What's most exciting is that the GPO-explosion seems to be continuing into 2011, which is fabulous!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

ya, before i left for holiday trip, Lamont and i saw about a half dozen nests on one dive. the one under the penguin was actually just laying that set of eggs, it was very cool...
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

We did the monolith before laura left -- 18th or something like that, and that octo was definitely on eggs then...