Mukilteo clay ledges, T-dock alternative

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo clay ledges, T-dock alternative

Post by oldsalt »

The closure of the T-dock caused us to head to Lighthouse Park and dive the clay ledges. With all of the rain we've had, I expected the worst. I was wrong. Visibility opened to about 20 ft. Expect sea lion encounters. Four swam by us as well as a harbor seal. Some of you might consider that a good thing. Sea lions make me nervous. Fish were notably absent...seals? An octo burrowed into the north end of the upper ledge.
MukOcto4.JPG
Crab were everywhere: dungeness, red rock, decorator, and the biggest population of kelp crab in the universe.
MukDung2.JPG
Currents play a much bigger role here than at the T-dock and it enjoys no protection from south wind, but it can be a good alternative to the T-dock.
:rawlings:
Happy to be alive.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Mukilteo clay ledges, T-dock alternative

Post by Mateo1147 »

Glad you had a great dive and thanks for the update on the Vis! A newly certified buddy and I are diving the clay walls on Saturday. I was planning on a second dive at the T dock. This is the first I had heard about it being closed. How long will it be off limits?
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo clay ledges, T-dock alternative

Post by H20doctor »

yes the walls are a great dive ...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen