MMM video reports

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

MMM video reports

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm a super slacker when it comes to getting my video edited, so I crammed two weeks of MMM video into one.

The first bit is from 4-25 when the visibility at the T-dock was 0.5-1'. Ross lost a fin, and by some small wonder mattleycrue actually managed to find a black fin laying on the bottom in almost 0 vis with only a vague notion of where it had been lost. We then proceeded to have a little fun with it.

The second bit is from 5-2. Pauli and I dove the clay wall. Vis was much better and despite some weird currents and getting rained on by eel grass coming down the slope, we had a fun dive and found a very large octo just before we turned the dive.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/23438139[/vimeo]
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Re: MMM video reports

Post by Paulicarp »

:rofl: nice vid of the "back kick" I didn't realize the viz was even that good! I'm surprised there was any video at all from that dive.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

That's amazingly good video, if you're still using your P&S and just your can light!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

LCF wrote:That's amazingly good video, if you're still using your P&S and just your can light!
Thanks.

Yep, Canon SD550 and the 20watt LED canlight. I do have a diffuser on the canlight though. I was actually wishing i had the 10watt when I was trying to shoot the octo, The hot spot on the 20 is a little too hot.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

The fin recovery cracked me up!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

nice Jake , the more you video the easier it gets to edit and post .. sorta , i like the back kick solo fin style that was funny
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen