Bee Cee!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Bee Cee!

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yup. The promised land. Loving it. Dive ops commence at 0700 tomorrow. Deal with it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Bee Cee!

Post by LCF »

Have fun, and dive safe, Josh!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Camera system is assembled....pumped and primed!!! :taco:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

:thumb3d: Like
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Joshua Smith wrote:Yup. The promised land. Loving it. Dive ops commence at 0700 tomorrow. Deal with it.

Have fun and dive safe!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wahoo!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Bee gee!

Post by renoun »

"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

You guys should catch a Stanley Cup championship game at a pub up there if you're anywhere near one. It should be fun with the Canucks in it and all, eh.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Gulfstream AND Capilano today! Really great dives. I especially loved the Gulfstream- that was epic! Doing at least one, but more likely 2, dives on the Sceptre Squamish tomorrow......

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sceptre Squamish was everything I hoped for today! Unfortunately, I only got one dive in on her- had to abort #2 due to a torn wristseal and a failed duct tape patch. But I have no complaints. It's a spectacular wreck, and we had a great trip- official trip reports and (hopefully) pictures to follow!

wedivebc
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by wedivebc »

Joshua Smith wrote:Sceptre Squamish was everything I hoped for today! Unfortunately, I only got one dive in on her- had to abort #2 due to a torn wristseal and a failed duct tape patch. But I have no complaints. It's a spectacular wreck, and we had a great trip- official trip reports and (hopefully) pictures to follow!
Who'd a thunk duct tape wouldn't seal a drysuit?
It was great to dive with you and gang Josh here in beautiful Bee Cee.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

This was a fine trip with a group of really great divers. I don't think that it would have been possible to get along better than we all did. Personally, I met some fine new friends as well as linking up with some old ones.

We were hoping for better vis, but this is NW diving and all of us know that you get what you get. However, each of the wrecks were stunning and it goes without saying that we'll be back to dive them (and others) again!

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

wedivebc wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:Sceptre Squamish was everything I hoped for today! Unfortunately, I only got one dive in on her- had to abort #2 due to a torn wristseal and a failed duct tape patch. But I have no complaints. It's a spectacular wreck, and we had a great trip- official trip reports and (hopefully) pictures to follow!

Dave, I'm so glad you and Aaron came up to dive with us! You two were great company. Let's do this again asap!

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

wedivebc wrote:
welcome to our little corner of the internet!
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

wedivebc wrote:
Welcome to NWDC, Dave!

It was great diving with you and your buddy, Aaron, and getting to know you both. Prior to this I only had Josh's comments to base any opinions I had on your character, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that mostly they were simply the ravings of a besotted Irish lunatic. For example, it is now my opinion that the rumored escapade with the Llama in yellow rubber boots in the Bolivian cathouse did NOT in fact occur, and in fact you were miles away.

- John

ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

John Rawlings wrote:
wedivebc wrote:
Welcome to NWDC, Dave!

It was great diving with you and your buddy, Aaron, and getting to know you both. Prior to this I only had Josh's comments to base any opinions I had on your character, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that mostly they were simply the ravings of a besotted Irish lunatic. For example, it is now my opinion that the rumored escapade with the Llama in yellow rubber boots in the Bolivian cathouse did NOT in fact occur, and in fact you were miles away.

- John
He was miles away because SOMEONE had to bail everyone out, right?
Kelly