MMM...&M? 8-8-11 Recap

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Fishstiq
Amphibian

MMM...&M? 8-8-11 Recap

Post by Fishstiq »

As you may have seen in the other thread, there were shenanigans at the last MMM. I just thought I would try to clear up the wacky hijinx.

April and I were able to get fills and show up early enough to catch dive 1 at the clay walls. Vis was good, a can light could be seen from a good 25 feet or so. There were no shrimp or gobies on the wall, I suppose it's not the right season for them or something. There were quite a few rockfish, crab, starfish, and those little silver fish that travel in small schools. Some crabbing was attempted, but all the dungies in the area seemed to be soft shells so no keepers. It was a nice, relaxing dive with some standard goofing off during the 20 foot stop. We found out that Pauli had been stung by a lions mane jelly after the dive (there were a few huge ones seen and avoided), and yes, I offered to do what I could to render aid. 'Nuff said.

Dive 2 was awesome! Great vis, no current at all. We broke into two groups since there were a lot of divers there, with one group staying shallower and one group heading out to the troll. When we got to the troll, there was some picture taking and scootering and almsgiving to the statue while enjoying the awesome vis. We then headed down to the boat and hung out for a couple minutes, then moved up to the satellite dish. The mannequin was still standing there, creepy as always! When we got to the geodome, vis was so good you could see the entire thing and then some, it was epic. There was a big moon jelly getting eaten by an anemone, and plenty of small rockfish curiously poking around. Our group then spent some time scootering around, poking under rocks and around small structures, and generally having a good time. We then surfaced, everyone with big smiles, and geared down to head to the Knot for dive 3.

Oh, and I asked April to marry me and she accepted.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: MMM...&M? 8-8-11 Recap

Post by Norris »

wait you saw an anenome???

CONGRATULATIONS YOU TWO!!!!!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

The impressive part was watching Mr. chicken legs kneel down in the parking lot after the dive in double 119s to put a ring on her finger.

Huge congrats to two of my favorite dive buddies! :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Dude. Congratulations to you two!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, just wondering: did you two meet through this site? Is this our first NWDC marriage?

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Chris Borgen
Compulsive Diver

Post by Chris Borgen »

DAMN!! Congrats Joe and April that's awesome.
http://www.maritimedocumentation.org
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Congratulations!!!!!! That's absolutely GREAT!!!! =D>
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Joshua Smith wrote:Hey, just wondering: did you two meet through this site? Is this our first NWDC marriage?
If I am correct I remember when April first came around. Correct me if I am wrong but not only was NWDC somewhat responsible for you two meeting, but also MMM?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Joshua Smith wrote:Hey, just wondering: did you two meet through this site? Is this our first NWDC marriage?

I believe they met at MMM, which makes this both the first NWDC and the first MMM marriage (MMMM).
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I am ordained.....

just saying...

Rev. Rick Norris
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Re: MMM...&M? 8-8-11 Recap

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:

I believe they met at MMM, which makes this both the first NWDC and the first MMM marriage (MMMM).
Very cool!

Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Absolutely amazing! Not only did you two meet through NWDC and MMM but the man KNEELED in doubles. That surely had her fluttering with butterfly's. Happy for the both of you!
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Dashrynn wrote:Absolutely amazing! Not only did you two meet through NWDC and MMM but the man KNEELED in doubles. That surely had her fluttering with butterfly's. Happy for the both of you!

Yeah, after taking a knee on pavement in 119 dubs, she pretty much had to say yes... :supz:
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Fishstiq wrote:....after taking a knee on pavement in 119 dubs, she pretty much had to say yes... :supz:
No kidding! If I recall correctly your knees are pretty much screwed, too! :eek:

Did anyone get this on video?????
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Fishstiq wrote:As you may have seen in the other thread, there were shenanigans at the last MMM. I just thought I would try to clear up the wacky hijinx.

Oh, and I asked April to marry me and she accepted.
It has been a hard week waiting for you to spread the news so I could publicly congratulate you guys.

From what I understand April was a bit confused by Joe's sign language on the dive. Fortunately Joe was well prepared and had all ready penned the question in his wet notes. I'm disappointed to have missed the kneeling in doubles though.

Yes the met at MMM. Somehow Joe was able to see past the April's wetsuit, jacket BC, and pistol grip light. If only we could help out Joe with his skinny polish guy issues. I suppose that April is just a generous and accepting person.

Congratulations again guys. Are you registering at Praxair or Airgas?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Congratulations, you two!

Anybody kneels to me in double 119s, I'm saying yes . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Fishstiq wrote:...Oh, and I asked April to marry me and she accepted.
Congrats!

MZ
:fish:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Fishstiq wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:Absolutely amazing! Not only did you two meet through NWDC and MMM but the man KNEELED in doubles. That surely had her fluttering with butterfly's. Happy for the both of you!

Yeah, after taking a knee on pavement in 119 dubs, she pretty much had to say yes... :supz:
The fact that you made it back up is where I was impressed Congrats to the both of you!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

And one more thing- does this mean that your divorce from Pez is final now?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

My first response when I was told was...Wait a minute! April? :mermaid: And the skinny Polish guy? :eric: ...

Congratulations to the both of you :bounceline: =D> I hope we all, nwdc.com, get invited to he wedding,
or at least have a celebratory dive @ the Muck! :smt064
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Hey, as we were repeatedly told by the Mukilteo Parks & Rec dept., they want to hold more weddings at the lighthouse park....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Well, There you go! Tom nic or Norris can do the officiating (sp?)
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Hey, Not only did they meet at the Muck through the club but now we are planning the wedding for them??? :penelope:

Congrats guys! :joshsmith:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dusty2 wrote:Hey, Not only did they meet at the Muck through the club but now we are planning the wedding for them???
What, you think we should leave it up to Joe?
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
diverden
Compulsive Diver

Post by diverden »

renoun wrote:Are you registering at Praxair or Airgas?
:rofl: