three tree again

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
shaggie
Avid Diver

three tree again

Post by shaggie »

I guess I should start diving other locals, but why? I ask myself after another great dive at 3 Tree Point. While there was a substantial wind out of the south today kicking up white caps and making small waves on south facing beaches, 3 tree was calm. I got in the water expecting some mirkiness at least on top after last nights rain and wind, but was pleasently suprised when the vis was 15 to 20 ft above 60 fsw and opened up to at least 30 or more below that. Lots of life there including a couple of curious seals that wanted to play hide and seek, large schools of baitfish, a juvinile wolf eel, the usual octos under the golfball boat, and all the other usual critters. One nice suprise was on the way to my safety stop was a GPO in 40 ft of water out in the open. I supose he (she?) was hungry and looking for a snack since I didn't see any dens near by. :eric: Some day I'd sure like to buy a camera!

P.S. I would sure like to find a buddy or two free to dive mid week : )
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: three tree again

Post by Dusty2 »

Check with the thursday crowd. They frequent 3 tree and points south every week and they are a very open and fun group. Bassman is the quasi leader but it passes between everyone.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: three tree again

Post by Tom Nic »

Yay Three Tree!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman