Dive 100 & 101

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Dive 100 & 101

Post by guitarmaker »

Had a great 3 day weekend this past weekend: First of all I finished the open water portion of TDI advanced nitrox and decompression theory. Then, to celebrate completion of the class as well as start my next 100 dives in style, Sunday we went out with Bandito's charter and dove Sunrise and Maury Island Barges. Had great viz, especially at the barges, but dive #100 at Sunrise was way cool and saw my first red octo and then my second. Pardon the poor video, I'm still learning.

Cheers, Ron

http://youtu.be/8Quw0XcRgq0
Last edited by guitarmaker on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers!

Ron
gutholmj
Perma Narc'd

Re: Dive 100 & 101

Post by gutholmj »

Nice video & an excellent way to celebrate 100 & 101.
"Well as much as this pains me I am gonna have to pull out" - pogiguy05
Novice
Dive-aholic

Post by Novice »

Did you feel sufficiently prepared for the TDI course at 100 dives? I would like to take that course as well and was thinking of doing it around the 100 dive mark.
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

Novice wrote:Did you feel sufficiently prepared for the TDI course at 100 dives? I would like to take that course as well and was thinking of doing it around the 100 dive mark.
Hey Novice - Regarding being sufficiently prepared? You may or may not need that many dives (talk to an instructor) but you should feel comfortable below 100fsw. You should have solid existing skills, especially buoyancy and trim, as this class will build on those skills. I really enjoyed the formula work: Learning to calculate stuff like best mix, equivalent air depth, maximum operating depth, partial pressure, etc. Then planning your gas needs for time and depth. All fun stuff. The open water was comprised of a lot of drills: switching to slung bottles, handing off bottles, deco dive and gas switch to 50% O2 at 60fsw, shooting bags from various depths, mask replacement, etc. Like I said an extension of a lot of stuff you may already know. Sorry if it sounds like I'm gushing but I have to say, despite it being freezing @$$ cold last weekend, it was the best and most enjoyable dive class I've taken to date!

PM me if you want to know more, I've got a lot of the chapter review stuff in ms.doc
Cheers!

Ron
spatman
I've Got Gills

Dive 100 & 101

Post by spatman »

Who was your instructor for the Adv EanX and Deco?
guitarmaker
Dive-aholic

Post by guitarmaker »

PM sent Matt
Cheers!

Ron
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Novice wrote:Did you feel sufficiently prepared for the TDI course at 100 dives? I would like to take that course as well and was thinking of doing it around the 100 dive mark.
Guitarmaker had a great response. I'll just add that I took this class with exactly 100 dives logged. It depends on the individual diver. It's a fantastic class, I really enjoyed it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Cool video! :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: