Redondo 8-27

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Gooch
Submariner

Redondo 8-27

Post by Gooch »

I know,
it's old...sorry for the lateness

Jeff Pack and I did 2 dives this day- his 100th (meh) and his 101st (yea!)

100 was a trip to the bottle field- it was so-so but I managed to get him with a shot of his 100 dive...which was cool!

101- really nice 67 minute long troll along the lower line.

Memorable moment-- I was snapping pix of a greenling and looking down, looking up and suddenly, I see a giant shit storm of silt rising from the south.....was it a giant six gill? a humboldt squid...no. It was a ton of new divers in neoprene churning along the bottom at mach 5; some even noticed we were there as they blitzed by. As the torrent passed, I reminded myself, " I was once just like that" and continued to take pix (when the silt had settled)

It served to remind me that what we see diving is different as we grow. Sometimes its the big stuff, sometimes the small. There was a a new diver diving with my friend Billy Snook; he hadn't seen a GPO yet. I gave my primary dive light to Billy and told him to show him one- and he did...I thought it was pretty cool.

Anyway- good dives were had and I enjoyed a great day with friends. I hope they can all be just like this one.
Attachments
painted greenling.jpg
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!