KING KONG vs. GODZILLA - A Visit to Edmonds

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: KING KONG vs. GODZILLA - A Visit to Edmonds

Post by Jeremy »

mkmc wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Yeah, I've seen Bruce yell at people for having their leashed dog with them there. Granted, there was a baby seal pup on the beach at the time.
Just gotta chime in on this comment. I've never seen Bruce yell or even speak sternly at anyone in my years diving with him.
He usually just acts like the people got turned around when looking for the Edmonds dog beach.
Yeah, it was very mild. And the couple wanted to argue about it when Bruce said "Hey, I'm just telling you the law. I'm not the enforcer of it."

They left after that.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Sent ya a PM Tom. :)
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Jeremy wrote:
mkmc wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Yeah, I've seen Bruce yell at people for having their leashed dog with them there. Granted, there was a baby seal pup on the beach at the time.
Just gotta chime in on this comment. I've never seen Bruce yell or even speak sternly at anyone in my years diving with him.
He usually just acts like the people got turned around when looking for the Edmonds dog beach.
Yeah, it was very mild. And the couple wanted to argue about it when Bruce said "Hey, I'm just telling you the law. I'm not the enforcer of it."

They left after that.
I agree. Bruce is a very mellow person. I've helped him on projects before. He could always use more help on a weekend. I advise anybody diving at EUP, when you see an old red truck (full of while barrels and ropes) parked at the last spot on the right side before the cul-de-sac, that means Bruce Higgins is there. Approach him, shake his hands and thank him for all the work he's done for the park. After all, he's a legend in his own right making EUP (BHUT) what it is now.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I think Edmonds UWS will give you a free fill for helping too.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I don't get this North v. South thing :dontknow:

I'll dive with you all...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

eliseaboo wrote:I don't get this North v. South thing :dontknow:

I'll dive with you all...
Says our ex-pat Wisconsonite... :smt064

We miss you already Elise... :crybaby:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I am in total agreement with Tom - it was WAY WAY to long since I dove EUP! And also like Tom, I too just loooooove lonnnnnnng surface swims.........but those on Monday were worth every fin kick! Would have to say the best was the last, and longest, out to the barge. Definately worth many more trips!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

bucknaked wrote: And that is why i dont go up there traffic :chat: :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge: :huge: :banghead: :banghead:
+1 :angry:

If I'm going that far I'm headin for PT and stayin for a week! 11mpg at $4 a gallon it just ain't worth it for one day!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF wrote:What I have heard is that the statute is ambiguous. The Edmonds police don't care. Bruce Higgins DOES care -- do not try to scooter this site on a weekend morning!
The police only cared once and that was because EMS got called due to a buddy seperation, one buddy surfaced and the other continued his dive on a scooter. That probably would have been ok, but he gave the police some lip an hour later at the end of his dive. That didn't go over so well and he was cited IIRC. Happened maybe 12 yrs ago though. Not sure if its more or less of an issue today.

Bruce interprets the ordinance as meaning no scooters. The police realize that scooters aren't quite what the ordinance had in mind.

As with most iffy things, maintaining a low profile and not being antagonistic will help avoid confrontation and potential revisions to the ordinance which might make scootering more problematic.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:rofl:
Wow, this is a fun thread!
even Elise chimes in from Wisconsin!!!
oldsalt wrote: Upon surfacing I asked, "What's wrong son?" That's when he uttered the line, "Dad, I'm not sure that fish knows his place on the food chain."
-Curt
If I was drinkin' milk it would have came out my nose!!!! :supz: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

BASSMAN wrote::rofl:
Wow, this is a fun thread!
even Elise chimes in from Wisconsin!!!
oldsalt wrote: Upon surfacing I asked, "What's wrong son?" That's when he uttered the line, "Dad, I'm not sure that fish knows his place on the food chain."
-Curt
If I was drinkin' milk it would have came out my nose!!!! :supz: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You are late to the party, but better late than never! :joshsmith:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman