Rosario Beach dive Report

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Rosario Beach dive Report

Post by H20doctor »

well Tom had to burn off a vacation day from work and called me yesterday , so i said sure , lets stay local... we drove up to Rosario , why ? because LCF and Greatfull did it , and it sounded good ... And i havent been up there in about 2 years and it was a really nice dive then... and it stillis today ...
We arrived , gate open and lot empty of people .. the water was flat ..and calm.. with a low cold fog brewing in the back ground... deception island in the back drop calling for us to dive , but this trip was for urchin rocks... Next trip i will scooter out there, but today was shore diving... gearing up and down the trail you hit the beach and into large beach rocks.. over some large logs and back to the sandy shore consisting of smaller pebbles.. as we reached the water it was very clear and nice .. we swam on the surface and could see really nice down to about 20 feet, as we progressed to the rocks the vis got a little fuzzy...
We dropped and were on the rocks .. there is quite a bit of river silt here and the blow out from deception pass.. right now there is a dusting on everything ... I counted over 30 clown nudis , they we everywhere here.. i mean all over the place :taco:
clown nudi.JPG
this was a world record for me in my years of diving, if you want to shoot these guys head out there in the next week or so.. the next up on the nudi dive was these guys .. clear translucent , and mating.... there were 4 ontop of each other
nudi orgy.jpg
more Nudi love
white nudi.jpg
as we explored i found a octo in a den .. and we hung out with Mr octo for a bit ...
octo.jpg
there were lots of Giant snails there .. young kelp greenlings some cushion star fish , and i found 2 butterfly crabs ..
And yet another Nudi
leppard nudi.JPG
nudi.jpg
there was plenty of Nudis here !!! i also found a nice blood star, and 1 nice big Red urchin ... I had to call the dive at 1800 PSI due to my bladder getting ready to bust.. i signaled tom and we kicked it underwater like submarines .. as i hit the beach i got back to the truck and Tom unzipped my drysuit zipper.. Stupid Backzip and I ran to the Bathrooms...AHHHHHHHHHHHH , :rofl:

So great dive , lots to see, the only thing we were missing today was the sun !!!
polups.jpg

big thanks to tom for letting me shoot Pics from his canon A740 ? i think because i left all my stuff at the house.. Photos we edited in photo Shop ...
Last edited by H20doctor on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
coulterboy
Amphibian

Re: Rosario Beach dive Report

Post by coulterboy »

Great report Doc. I don't think I've ever kicked that fast before in my 19 years of diving. That's why keeping in shape is very important in diving. You and I were hauling ass as I navigated us back to shore. That's what I call Team Diving, or should I say rescue diving. :smt064 Team diving/rescue diving, in a way where I know I have to be with you all the way to unzip you so you can do your thing. You climbed up that hill with a mission. :rofl:

We had that beach to ourselves.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Soooo... Tom, what you're telling us is Doc was almost diving a wetsuit??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Alexitt wrote:Soooo... Tom, what you're telling us is Doc was almost diving a wetsuit??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If we didn't haul ass like and if I didn't unzip hip soon enough, YES. He was miserable. Time for the Doc to have a P-valve or Depends.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

3-4 Dbl Talls in the morning will do that to ya... As my Dear departed Dad used to say " I told you kids to go before we get in the car..." and as for the Depends, you might have to remind Chris they go on the inside of the suit... Sounds like a good time otherwise, I may try to get up there Sunday if I can scrounge up a buddy... Change of pace from the Muk...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Wow, some cool nudis! I think the white ones are Berthellas, and the one with the dark gill plume is a Nanaimo dorid.

When I went up there with Mortuus, we scootered out to Urchin Rocks, but we didn't do any diving.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

LCF wrote:Wow, some cool nudis! I think the white ones are Berthellas, and the one with the dark gill plume is a Nanaimo dorid.

When I went up there with Mortuus, we scootered out to Urchin Rocks, but we didn't do any diving.
You scootered to Urchin Rocks? Isn't that a 2 min surface swim?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great report and pics!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Jeremy wrote:
LCF wrote:Wow, some cool nudis! I think the white ones are Berthellas, and the one with the dark gill plume is a Nanaimo dorid.

You scootered to Urchin Rocks? Isn't that a 2 min surface swim?
yes i scootered ... Duh ? but not this dive with Coulterboy , we kicked it old school
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen