Florida trip video

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Florida trip video

Post by Sounder »

Spent some time in Hawaii, California, and Florida in February doing stuff with Liquivision and was spoiled by warm water, great vis, and even the chance to kill lionfish.

Here's a quick video of one of our days of product testing in southern Florida. Yes... it's like this, even in February. A drysuit with a base layer was plenty and was great during the surface intervals when the wetsuit divers would shiver in the wind. Between the warm water, clear vis, huge sharks and rays, delicious lionfish, blow-your-mind Cuban food, and the bikinis on the beach... I absolutely understand the draw to the southern-FL lifestyle.

http://vimeo.com/63426664
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Florida trip video

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice video Doug - thanks for posting!

Interesting about the dry-suit - I know that several folks use them even in "warm" water, and they work well. Do you have a temperature threshold where you will go dry suit instead of wet?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

To be honest... I needed pockets and wasn't able to hook up with someone with x-shorts to borrow in time. BUT... it was delightful in only a base-layer and I was thankful for it during the surface intervals where a cool breeze turned into a chilling wind.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

That was really cool. That was the biggest stingray I have ever seen.