Visit at the new job site

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
NollyG
Just Settling In

Visit at the new job site

Post by NollyG »

Hola,

I'm sure most of you don't have a clue who I am, but the few of you who do, know that I recently started a new job in La Paz, Mexico. I'm working for a company called Ocean Farm Technologies as a diver/technician, as part of product development here in the Sea of Cortez.

Anyway, two days ago I was working away on my dive, when I turned to see a whale shark slowly swimming by. That was my first ever whale shark sighting, and needless to say, I was blown away! The shark cruised out of sight, and I went back to work. I finished up the dive and surfaced to see all the guys on the crew snorkeling around instead of working. Turns out the shark was just cruising around our work site, and everybody had their go pro's in the water. I threw on my snorkeling gear and hung out with the shark for a good 30 mins. Amazing day! Especially considering the next day I came up from a dive to find 6 ft. seas!

Anyway, I'm not the guy in the photo, but I swear I was there!

Hasta luego!

NollyG
renoun
I've Got Gills

Re: Visit at the new job site

Post by renoun »

Way cool!

I really liked La Paz when I was hanging around the East Cape area. Send me a PM if you want some ideas for day trips or weekends in the area.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
NollyG
Just Settling In

Post by NollyG »

renoun wrote:Way cool!

I really liked La Paz when I was hanging around the East Cape area. Send me a PM if you want some ideas for day trips or weekends in the area.
I absolutely will! So far on my bucket list is to dive as much as I can here in La Paz, although everyone keeps telling me that the water is going to start getting cold and the visibility is going to get bad (little do they know I'm from the Pacific Northwest...they don't know cold and bad viz), Cabo Pulmo (a MUST!!!), and Loreto.

As for none diving sights, I'm going to try and get to Todos Santos and the Pacific coast soon, including seeing the gray whales in a few months when they start to show up. I'd really like to get out and explore the Sierra de la Laguna (I hear if you go high enough in the mountains there are actual trees!), and take up paddle boarding or something.

Hasta pronto

NollyG
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

NollyG wrote:I'm working for a company called Ocean Farm Technologies as a diver/technician, as part of product development here in the Sea of Cortez.
Well damn, that sounds pretty cool!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow. Tough Job!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Tom Nic wrote:Wow. Tough Job!
Yeah!!! Sucks to be you!!! :)