Cordell Bank (offshore Northern Cali.)

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Cordell Bank (offshore Northern Cali.)

Post by renoun »

Not my trip report but a series of blog posts and photos just posted that is too good not to share. Cordell Bank is about twenty miles offshore and slightly North of San Francisco. As one can imagine getting three days of diving out there is unusual, in good weather and with good viz. is even more so. Quit reading my feeble explanation and go straight to the source at Cold Water Kitty or watch the summery video if you have a short attention span.

phpBB [video]
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Re: Cordell Bank (offshore Northern Cali.)

Post by Bric Martin »

Very cool! It looks like a great trip.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Wow.

looks like cold water diving at it's wonderful best!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Sorry for chiming in so late Ross, I should log in more often.

That is an awesome video. I used to dive the Northern California coast: Anchor Bay, Russian gulch and a few sites just off 101. One of these days I'd like to drive back through Southern Mendocino county and see how it's changed. But, in the early 90's it was a great place for diving and camping.

Not sure I'd try boat diving out there since there's so much fetch for the westerlies.

Thanks for sharing.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Who performed the music?
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Sasquatch wrote:Who performed the music?
sounds like the cranberries
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen