San Juans 4/6/2014

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dlh
Submariner

San Juans 4/6/2014

Post by dlh »

I broke a two month dry spell with a wonderful trip up to the Islands with Bandito Charters. Great weather and a good group of divers. MPenders and Scubie from NWDC were along for the ride! I did a super-macro special with lots of nudibrach and candy strip action for the most part.

Here are a few highlights:

Interesting pixelated eyeball
Breakfast Rock April 6 2014 (44)-2.jpg
Hitch-hiker on the right rinophone
Horny Toad Wall April 6 2014 (4).jpg
Breakfast Rock April 6 2014 (22).jpg
Breakfast Rock April 6 2014 (5).jpg
Breakfast Rock April 6 2014 (18).jpg
Dave
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: San Juans 4/6/2014

Post by Scubie Doo »

Awesome pics Dave! It was a beautiful day and very fun showing Penders his first PS King Crab. Here are a few of my favorite shots. It was great to meet/dive with you.

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great pics guys!
Good to hear you're back in the water, Dave!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Hey, that was me you buddied up with, Dave! Those are some great shots. Surprising how well they can turn out given the so-so vis we had. I think I was about the only guy without a camera.

I saw the tank with Penders written on it, but didn't realize Scubie was there too. Now I can match a couple faces with board handles. Great to see you guys!

I dive with Bandito about once a month. Think I'm signed up for their South Sound charter next weekend too. I'll be making more trips up to the San Juans this summer. The islands are beautiful when the sun's out.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

I often have people tell me there is nothing to see underwater here, or that we lack color. Photogs such as you sure lay that to rest. Which sites in the islands did you dive at?
Thanks, Curt :salute:
Happy to be alive.
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

It was a great trip and fun times.....great pics Dave and good to see you all again!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Wow, lots of NWDC members on the boat. I should have done a better job with my introductions :) anyway, great diving with you all.

Curt, amen! I agree, we have color and beauty here. We dove a small rock off orcas island (didn't catch the name) and Breakfast rock.
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

I think the first site was called "Horny Toad Wall" or the like. :) It was only so-so with a fairly murky 10 foot vis. Breakfast rock was awesome as usual and better than 20 foot vis. Tons of anemones, big and pregnant to bursting rock fish, and lots of soft corals. The weather and sunlight was excellent!
Dave
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

And also from NWDC, was me! I might have to start making buddy team lists with NWDC monikers so I can put faces to names myself. Thanks for diving with us! Amazing pictures and sunshine all day! Woot!