Redondo 4/9

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Redondo 4/9

Post by pogiguy05 »

Met up with Ron for 1 dive. Weather was nice, not hot or cold and water was calm. It has been 2 months since I was in the water. You always get that feeling you forgot something and I forgot to wear my first layer thermals so I had to get my fleece thermal on in the truck as to NOT disturb the locals in my undies. :luv: Putting on fins we noticed the viz was very murky and hoped it would clear up at depth. We dropped next to the pump and it cleared up just at the bottom and I dropped right on the large rope. We followed the rope down to the carousel boat and I would say the viz was about 10-15 murky feet. I did not bring my camera so I pointed out things to Ron. Eventually Ron got my attention and was trying to tell me to LOOK for something and I finally found his SPG was in his BCD towards the back, so I pulled it out and gave it to him. Then I realized I had also forgot my compass. I cannot tell you how uncomfortable the feelings was to NOT have my compass. I mentally kick myself in the butt and then paid more attention to my depth after that. We turned left and headed into the bottle field but did not see many critters. I will have to say Eric (Yelloweye) is right there are alot of urchins at redondo right now. I also seen alot of smaller star fish so I hope they are recovering. As we headed back towards to rope it is always nice to hear the pump so you know your heading in the right direction. It just seemed to take forever to cross the rope. We headed over to the large pipe and explored it before heading up slope to our safety stop. I did also notice that someone must be bored while diving as I noticed things have been moved around some. Randy's camera mount was sitting on top of the large pipe, and the large roadway sign that was in the carousel boat was now in deeper water. Someone also moved the small keg out of the boat but I forgot where I saw it during the dive. It was really great getting to dive again and hope it does not take 2 months to get back out. Sorry no pics :pirate:
Jeff Castor
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 4/9

Post by Scubak »

It shouldn't be 2 months...that is a long surface interval.
Come and dive this evening at Redondo...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo 4/9

Post by cardiver »

Here are a few pics....
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397153153.850055.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397153139.332217.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397153131.233522.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1397153121.150299.jpg
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY