Shilshole Marina: 6-1-2014: Giant cluster F

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Shilshole Marina: 6-1-2014: Giant cluster F

Post by mz53480 »

Well...here's how it went down:

Buddy and I decided we needed to go get some quality diving in. We had originally chartered a registered 6-pack OUPV boat out of Bangor, but he had to cancel. So, we rented a portable compressor for tank fills instead (used the cigarette lighter output in the car and this worked great), decided to use our monofins (ok, but a real pain to back kick with), and ran our guidelines WAY out. I hope no one minds that we didn’t collect them back (figured someone else would be along soon enough).

Oh, yeah…..there was this real STROKE diver gearing up there (can’t remember his name, but I think his handle is ‘[sarcasm]xxx'[/sarcasm]here on the board) and he said to say hi to everyone (note: edited username per request).

So, as we made our way out across the fairway to the jetty (we went for lingcod via hand spear fishing: the kind you do with only a knife), some guy in a boat just about ran us over. Ok I guess (YOLO!), but hey, if you see this: sorry that we got in your way bro.

Didn’t get any fishes (*sigh*: the only ones we saw were bluegills), but we did pee through our valves onto the parking lot when we were done.
Last edited by mz53480 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Shilshole Marina: 6-1-2014: Giant cluster F

Post by Desert Diver »

That should have covered all the bases!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sigh. OK. I'll bite.

For reals, or are you just :stir: to see what bubbles to the surface?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Did anyone get arrested and hauled off to jail?
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

mz53480 wrote:Didn’t get any fishes
catch any octos or snatch crabs?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

No pics or video then it didn't happen. And include the boater in the pics please...especially the one where he is signalling to you that you are number one...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

YellowEye wrote:
mz53480 wrote:Didn’t get any fishes
catch any octos or snatch crabs?
MZ doesn't catch crabs, he gives them away :rjack:
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Well hopefully after you got done peeing in the parking lot you left your used condom caths sitting on the picnic table where you took them off ... :eek:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
mheyns
Avid Diver

Post by mheyns »

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23004

"I'm issuing an invitation to the first person to respond from this club to come with us, as my guest.

If the geniuses who, on June 1st, 2014, were surface swimming across the southern entrance to the fairway decide to accept, either one of them will have priority and will bump anyone else. The man who saved your life (the lookout who spotted you) will be on board, and you can thank him, although that is, of course, not a requirement for accepting this invitation."

Heh heh.