Diving PBM-5 Mariner

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Diving PBM-5 Mariner

Post by Jeremy »

When viz is great and the tides are perfect...what else can one do but dive in Lake Washington?? :)

Actually, the owners of Arrowcat boat manufactuers offered to take us out on the lake to dive all seven planes in one day. Oddly enough, every plane wreck diver on my boat also had a pilot license...pretty cool!

Dropped on the Mariner...viz was good, the wreck was amazing. I highly recommend this dive to anyone interested!

http://vimeo.com/97635240
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving PBM-5 Mariner

Post by CaptnJack »

All in one day? I am not really that firm a believer in RNT but I don't think that's really possible... Well unless you had multiple buddy pairs aboard each doing different dives.

Looks like you had a nice day on the Mariner. There are much closer (and better) ramps than Magnuson though!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

What is RNT?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jeremy wrote:What is RNT?
LOL that was covered in your OW class big boy, "residual nitrogen time" ;)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Jeremy wrote:What is RNT?
Residual nitrogen time.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Memories. :) thanks

Yes, the seven planes in one day adventure was carried out by several dive teams with Arrowcat transporting the teams
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Diving PBM-5 Mariner

Post by kdupreez »

we "base camped" out of magnuson with 10 divers and a 30ft luxury power cat capable if 50 knots!

dives commenced at 7am and concluded at 6pm and dove in this order: harpoon, valiant, pb4y, avenger, corsair, wildcat, mariner.

All 7 planes in one day from one boat! :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Nice vid!
:supz:
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

That's pretty epic!
This sort of thing is my incentive for advancing my tech diving skills.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

GearHead wrote:That's pretty epic!
This sort of thing is my incentive for advancing my tech diving skills.
Nothing wrong with wanting to learn more, but this ain't a tech dive- it's in +/- 60 feet of water. Lake Washington is a challenging environment, to be sure (crappy viz, dark, lack of visual references, etc) but any decently skilled OW diver can enjoy this particular wreck dive.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
kasi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kasi »

I realized through the video that dive in Mariner is very dangerous and i think mostly visitor have much experience then they all go to the tour of different dive centers..
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

kasi,

Your posts seem filled with much of the success. Do you think too that it is IN? There is much danger for the tourists.

Regards,

=D>