SJI Jun 7

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

SJI Jun 7

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Went diving yesterday in the SJI's. Our dive site options were a bit limited, because there were large winds in the straights. We did some dives in the Broken Point area. Here were some of the sights.
DSC_2404.jpg
DSC_2491.jpg
DSC_2346.jpg
DSC_2727.jpg
DSC_2618.jpg
DSC_2616.jpg
DSC_2591.jpg
DSC_2195.jpg
Check out the two critters living inside the last pic! (I wish I would have seen them when underwater!)

Also to be seen were two small dolphins, and several bald eagles. Several other fellow NWDC members were there too, stphnmartin and at least one other. A great sunny day in the SJI's.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: SJI Jun 7

Post by stphnmartin »

Excellent pics yelloweye! Especially since the conditions weren't favorable at all.

Viz was a bit better today (brown soup was mostly gone), but winds curtailed diving and limited us to 2 dives today.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

Limited to two dives due to weather, but we DID see orcas in San Juan Channel!!!!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Ooh, orcas... I think that makes up for it! Thanks for a great trip Jackie and Rick! Hope to see you soon!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!