red brotula on the hood

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

red brotula on the hood

Post by deep diver »

any day I find a red brotula is a good day. I see a lot of their tails, but this guy decided to turn around and give me a little pouty lip look. Our multi colored nudis are disappearing fast. Our old friend the war bonnet keeps getting bigger and bigger. Found one little clown out cruising through the sand.
vis has a foggy layer from 20-50 and clear above and below. Water was calm and clear. Temp was 89^ according to my truck thermometer, very hot sitting in the drysuit between dives!
Attachments
030.JPG
025.JPG
013.JPG
008.JPG
003.JPG
It's a good day.... nobody died!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Re: red brotula on the hood

Post by KeithBoll »

Dale - great shot on the red brotula!!!! Konni says she thinks it is a wonderful picture!

We have seen 3 GPOs hiding in cracks at Flagpole. Here's a pic of one where you can see inside the ventricle. One of the octos is pinkish white - and I was able to see the eggs today. However - could not get a good shot of her with my macro. Got to go back and try with WA!
Attachments
08 03 14 Warbonnet (1 of 1).jpg
08 03 14 H. Crassicornis with Eggs on Rope (1 of 1).jpg
08 03 14 GPO with Ventricle Open (1 of 1).jpg
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Brotula in a Cloud Sponge?!? How cool is that!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Tom Nic wrote:Brotula in a Cloud Sponge?!? How cool is that!
It's way cool.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Can I ask what site this was?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I'm gonna venture a guess. ... flagpole?
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

Yep, flagpole. Seems like it's the only site with the most life right now. We haven't had much luck at Rosie's, the 2 Fulton's and Pulali and Pinnacle. They all seem to have fish and not much else.
It's a good day.... nobody died!