Keystone Jetty

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Keystone Jetty

Post by SeahorseDeb »

My friend and I did dive the jetty yesterday...one word "WOW!!!! We were mesmerized and left in awe. I love kelp diving, this reminded me of Catalina, albeit a few degrees colder, and they don't have the plumose anemones in such glorious display! The Ling Cod were nearly stacked like cords of wood, and so huge! We talked to some divers who had already dove and they said the current was minimal so we were in 1 1/2 hours before full slack. I didn't notice the slight current, my buddy did. That doesn't mean we should bend the rules, but it just worked for us. Due to time constraints we were not able to dive the pilings, it's a solid reason to go back! I know from watching videos and trio reports that BC diving is fantastic as well, but this site spoiled me rotten. Thankyou for the help getting the details pulled together, it was extremely helpful!! Thankyou to Jill my fantastic buddy as well! Here's a basic video, I have a very long way to go on this GoPro...

https://vimeo.com/109398218
Last edited by SeahorseDeb on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is the water so green......
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Keystone Jetty

Post by Mateo1147 »

Glad you enjoyed it! Keystone really is a great shore dive.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

Keystone Jetty is one of my favorite sites! The additional current brings along additional life! A couple years ago, I went diving there with my daughter on Father's Day. As soon as we got down to 45 feet - we met a large GPO out in the open,, sitting on top of a rock! What a great way to spend Father's Day (or any Sunday). So glad you enjoyed your dive.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

If I could do it again---I will!!!! What a wonderful Father's Day for you!
Last edited by SeahorseDeb on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Again I apologize for the novice video.....I wish I had a decent program for editing that wouldn't crash my windows computer...Power Director just doesn't cut it....