Saltwater park from the sky and below

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Saltwater park from the sky and below

Post by stphnmartin »

My buddy and I dived Saltwater Park yesterday and the conditions were very nice. Slack before a small exchange provided for zero current and the viz was a cooperative 25 feet with particulate. The reef was really teaming with life. More so than I recall in the recent past. Sometimes this site can be sterile but we ran into schools of rock fish on the way down northern buoy line. There were schools of perch too making things very active. We landed on an octo den and made our way down and up the northern reef. There was so much to see we moved slowly and decided to skip the middle reef and hit the southern one before heading back to shore. We spotted a shy, junvenile wolf eel in the small rock field at the head of the southern reef.

I was torn between doing a second dive since the conditions were so nice. But, that surface swim has a way of making you feel content with one.

I haven't put together a video in a while or used the camera much lately, so it was good to knock the cobwebs off the setup. Still trying to incorporate drone footage in a meaningful way. Check it out if you'd like:

phpBB [video]
Last edited by stphnmartin on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Saltwater park from the sky and below

Post by Dusty2 »

Nice, Adds a new prospective to the underwater stuff and shows just how far that is! :eek:
Sure wouldn't want to hit that at low tide! :nutty:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Thanks. Actually, at low tide you can walk pretty far which some think is easier. Particularly when there's current.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Very nice, great use of above and below.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

I agree with Linedog. You did a great job of putting the aerial footage together with the underwater footage. I saw another video by one of our club members on Facebook the other day that did something very similar....VERY COOL!!!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

That was a really cool video. I loved the underwater lighting too, you did a great job!
ratfishlvr
Avid Diver

Post by ratfishlvr »

Cool video! I liked the split screen stuff where you show the drone taking off and also what the view is from the drone. I am surprised how stable it is for a video platform. Nice work.