Keystone Jetty

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Keystone Jetty

Post by Jan K »

So I had the pleasure finally meet fellow NWDC divers Eric and Jessica. In spite of not so nice weather,
they emerged from the surf smiling. It was little bit silty for wide angle today.
Somebody moved the mermaid since my last visit, the Green sea urchins keep on their takeover of the area.
I did see one small Sunflower star, but it will take more than that to keep the spiny hordes in check.
Looking forward to see what I missed, for Yelloweye was moving patiently over the real estate and the flashes
visible through the murky waters testified that something besides little plastic mermaid did get his attention :)

http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Keystone Jetty

Post by Scubie Doo »

Very cool, wish I could have made it up there.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It was a great day to dive, if you are hardy . . . Lucky Jessica, to get to dive with the cryptic critter whisperer so early in her career!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Holy Cow! is that Eric on open circuit?

I know it's been chilly lately but I didn't realize that hell had frozen over. :)
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

It was a fantastic day!!!! Thanks for the great pictures!!
So glad I got to meet you! Looking forward to yellow eyes pictures too!

I just love Keystone! There was so much life and color everywhere! I can't wait to go back when the sun is out!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Jan, it was so good to finally meet you in person!

Here were some of my snaps!
DSC_3020-5.jpg
Nudibranch eggs!
Nudibranch eggs!
Cockrell's dorid
Cockrell's dorid
Crazy fish eyes
Crazy fish eyes
DSC_3205.jpg
The urchins were definitely taking over the sea stars!
The urchins were definitely taking over the sea stars!
DSC_3218.jpg
DSC_2957.jpg
DSC_3099.jpg
DSC_3045.jpg
Last but not least!
Last but not least!
Thanks everyone for the company, food and the dive!
Last edited by YellowEye on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

BillZ wrote:Holy Cow! is that Eric on open circuit?

I know it's been chilly lately but I didn't realize that hell had frozen over. :)
Yes, my depth gauge is in service! I feel like such a gimp. Actually, I've been having lots of fun on OC. Its been so long! I might retire from CCR next year on next service, I mostly only take advantage of CCR for wide angle photography pointing upward (avoiding bubbles), and that is not often.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Spectacular pictures yellow eye!!!
I love all those fish eyes! Soooo many cool tiny colorful critters out! You always capture them in such a nice way! :partydance: :partyman:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

YellowEye wrote:
BillZ wrote:Holy Cow! is that Eric on open circuit?

Yes, my depth gauge is in service! I feel like such a gimp. Actually, I've been having lots of fun on OC. Its been so long! I might retire from CCR next year on next service, I mostly only take advantage of CCR for wide angle photography pointing upward (avoiding bubbles), and that is not often.
Look at the explorer ;) I know for a fact it is fun to dive!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

seattlepaul1975 wrote:Look at the explorer ;) I know for a fact it is fun to dive!
Haha, glad you're liking it!

oh, trust me, the evo is tons of fun too but recently most of my buddies have been on OC!

How was the junkyard?
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

YellowEye wrote:
seattlepaul1975 wrote:Look at the explorer ;) I know for a fact it is fun to dive!
Haha, glad you're liking it!

oh, trust me, the evo is tons of fun too but recently most of my buddies have been on OC!

How was the junkyard?
Junkyard was good....did redondo today...and was not too impressed...Perhaps its a better night dive?
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I'm so jealous...good for you Jessica. I hope to dive Keystone someday.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

seattlepaul1975 wrote:Junkyard was good....did redondo today...and was not too impressed...Perhaps its a better night dive?
Redondo is definitely a better night dive. And better when you go with someone who knows the site well to show you the right areas. Come with us next Thurs night...

Did you see any seaspiders at the junkyard?
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

YellowEye wrote:
seattlepaul1975 wrote:Junkyard was good....did redondo today...and was not too impressed...Perhaps its a better night dive?
Redondo is definitely a better night dive. And better when you go with someone who knows the site well to show you the right areas. Come with us next Thurs night...

Did you see any seaspiders at the junkyard?
I can't do thursday night, have a all day work meeting than dinner after :-(

No sea spiders at Junkyard, but did get to have baby octo play with me for a bit which was great.

Might have to do a night one with you at Redondo when I am back from Mexico.....will be a reminder of what the Puget Sound is after seeing hammerheads and mantas! :eric:
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Enjoy Socorro's on the Nautilus! You'll see amazing things for sure. Keep an eye our for Humpback too. You are going to have a great time with your explorer out there. It's a perfect location for a SCR/CCR.

I will make a point of joining the Thursday night crew this week. After a two week cold over the holidays, I'm itching to get back in the water.
Dave
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Dave!
Sorry to hear about your cold! same thing for me... I had a bunch of vacation time left at the end of the year and I end up sick and dry most of that time! ugh! Looking fwd to Thurs!

Paul -- I still need to go to the Socorros, sounds like such a cool trip, and yes perfect for the rebreather! enjoy!
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

dlh wrote:Enjoy Socorro's on the Nautilus! You'll see amazing things for sure. Keep an eye our for Humpback too. You are going to have a great time with your explorer out there. It's a perfect location for a SCR/CCR.

I will make a point of joining the Thursday night crew this week. After a two week cold over the holidays, I'm itching to get back in the water.
Thanks Dave. I will share pics and video when I am back :-)
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Jan K wrote: Image
I have always really loved the way you do this sort of stuff with your pictures, it makes them so fun to look at.

I appreciate the time you take..... For my entertainment!
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Looking forward to seeing DLH on Thursday! I think Krys is coming too!

Have a great trip Paul! Can't wait to hear about it!!

I love Jan's work sooooo much! I feel honored to be in his pictures! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!