Another Redondo night dive

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Another Redondo night dive

Post by stphnmartin »

Dived Redondo after dark yesterday. It was a record for me coming in a 2 hours. And, my suit leaked in the right knee which made it extra cold. For that duration you can tell it wasn't a deep dive as I explored south of the boat launch. I didn't find any lumpies and seem to have bad luck in the regard. However, I managed to capture some other beautiful creatures. Video is below.

phpBB [video]
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: Another Redondo night dive

Post by Jeremy »

Love the vid....stubby burying itself was a treat to watch.

Thanks for sharing
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Jeremy wrote:Love the vid....stubby burying itself was a treat to watch.
Yeah, I hadn't seen one bury themselves completely like that before. It must of been really annoyed by the lights. I like the way it curled in its tentacles at the end.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

I agree - really like the stubby video and the two arms covering the little guy up. Nicely done!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Really nice macro video!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Awesome video. I think I saw that same squid on Thursday, it had a half tentacle right in the middle. At about the 1:40 mark the octopus eye was changing, very cool.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Scubie Doo wrote:I think I saw that same squid on Thursday, it had a half tentacle right in the middle.
That was a total lucky catch on video for me. I was about to surface and it came up to check me out. I had enough time to flip the macro diopter, zoom out and hit record before it bolted into the dark. (Of course slowing down the video in the final edit helped too.)
Radio
Avid Diver

Post by Radio »

Great video!