Thurs Crew 1/22

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Thurs Crew 1/22

Post by YellowEye »

Hi Everyone
We had a small but good crew at Redondo yesterday: Gdog, scubajess, mightymouse and myself! Sights to be seen were the regular octo, stubbies, lumpies. We also saw some very cool shrimp, top snails (I'm probably just noticing them now), bay pipefish, crabs with eggs, a sculpin eating a gunnel, baby painted greenling, etc.

Here were some of the captures:
I don't think I've ever seen one like this before!  I think it is a stiletto shrimp color variation.
I don't think I've ever seen one like this before! I think it is a stiletto shrimp color variation.
This shrimp was about an inch long.  I don't think I've noticed these before either!
This shrimp was about an inch long. I don't think I've noticed these before either!
Have a great weekend!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Thurs Crew 1/22

Post by ScubaJess »

Cool pictures!!!!
Man those stiletto shrimp are so awesome! That bottom one is kinda creepy yet still cute! :)
You have a great eye for finding these guys!!
I'm so glad we saw those 2 lumpies! They were amazing!

Mighty Mouse did great on her first night dive! :)
Thanks to George & Yellow Eye for being our guides!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Very cool, sorry I missed you all out there. Eric, you still diving OC?
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Are you or gdog diving this weekend?
I want to come along... If you are?!? :)

Yellow eye is still on open circuit! We did a 91 min dive last night! My longest yet! :)
We missed you and penders & Hoodsport diver!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Eric, I was looking forward to seeing your lumpy shot on here! Can you post it? It was great diving with you all!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Gdog wrote:Eric, I was looking forward to seeing your lumpy shot on here! Can you post it? It was great diving with you all!
Great diving!

Here's the lumpy. I love the expression, but I wasn't too happy on the background (notorious sand even with backlight... some bleeding around the edges), so didn't consider it too much of a keeper...
DSC_5129.jpg
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

It's defiantly a keeper! I love that face! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Scubie Doo wrote:Very cool, sorry I missed you all out there. Eric, you still diving OC?
Haha, I'm still on OC and my bright orange Andy's backup drysuit!
This maintenance is taking forever. I'm loving OC again in the meantime.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

YellowEye wrote:
Gdog wrote:Eric, I was looking forward to seeing your lumpy shot on here! Can you post it? It was great diving with you all!
Great diving!

Here's the lumpy. I love the expression, but I wasn't too happy on the background (notorious sand even with backlight... some bleeding around the edges), so didn't consider it too much of a keeper...
DSC_5129.jpg
It is quite a shot. Love it!
mightymouse
Just Settling In

Post by mightymouse »

It was great diving with you guys! Thanks so much for making my first night dive a comfortable one. These pics are great. I look forward to seeing more of the amazing sea life. I'm on the hunt to get dry gloves asap!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Im tardy with this I know, but here are a few shots from our dive. Nothing great, but fun to share,.
This guy was huge, like 2" across
This guy was huge, like 2" across
PSL Redondo2.jpg
Red Octo Redondo.jpg
Snailfish.jpg
As always, fun to dive with you guys!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Good shots Yellow Eye & Gdog. Sorry that I missed you. I hope to be there on the 29th.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver