ThThTh 6/11 diving & BBQing Redondo!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

ThThTh 6/11 diving & BBQing Redondo!

Post by ScubaJess »

Had a fantastic time last night @ Redondo above & below the sea! :partydance: It was another hot night.
The viz was not bad once you got past the really nasty surface water. Then there were treasures to be found out and about! :pirate: I got my first Lumpie shot!!! :eric: :eric: :eric: And got a Jelly & Octo too! :joshsmith: It was amazing! Thanks to Josh for finding the Lumpie. And super lots of thanks to YellowEye for BBQing :burntchef: and letting me borrow his camera! :notworthy: And for teaching me so much about taking UW Photos.
Also thanks to everyone who showed up and made the BBQing a success! George, Alex, Jeff, & Brad! :partyman: :mmmbeer: :grouphug: :thankyouyellow:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.75 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (56.6 KiB) Viewed 1072 times
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: ThThTh 6/11 diving & BBQing Redondo!

Post by YellowEye »

What a great time! Great pics Scuba Jess! Next week... t-bone steak tacos! :) :)

Congrats to Josh -- he's an awesome lumpy finder for so early in his dive career! I guess his experience working at MAST before diving got him off on a good start

We also met a diver called Sawyer, who will hopefully be joining the club!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

It was Sawyer who pointed it out I just got your twos atention
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Waaaaaaah I couldn't make it! But looks like you guys had a ball. I'm freeing up finally and want to dive this week!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

YellowEye wrote:What a great time! Great pics Scuba Jess! Next week... t-bone steak tacos! :) :)
+1 t-bone steaks!!!!! That sounds fantastic!!!! :burntchef:
I'm counting down the days. :taco: :taco: :taco:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Jess...great Lumpie shot!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

I borrowed my camera back when I found this unusual critter in the kelp. A very tiny crab of some sort, the size of a popcorn kernel or smaller. I didn't get a clear shot because my camera was in AF-S mode rather than AF-C, but thought I'd share it anyways, just because it was so unusual. Anybody know what it is? It kelp hiding in fuzzy debris
DSC_4141.jpg
DSC_4117.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

YellowEye wrote:I borrowed my camera back when I found this unusual critter in the kelp. A very tiny crab of some sort, the size of a popcorn kernel or smaller. I didn't get a clear shot because my camera was in AF-S mode rather than AF-C, but thought I'd share it anyways, just because it was so unusual. Anybody know what it is? It kelp hiding in fuzzy debris
DSC_4141.jpg
DSC_4117.jpg
That is pretty cool. Almost looks like a baby kelp crab. Can't wait to find out.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

It's adorable!!! Great shots & good eyes YellowEye!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!