Norranders Reef!!!

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Norranders Reef!!!

Post by ScubaJess »

Star Date 2015071.2
Location Norranders Reef

Science officers log #150! :eric: :partydance: :taco:
Beamed down 58 feet below sea water for 75 Earth minutes to explore the coast off Bainbridge Island with YellowEye. It was a fantastic dive on a beautiful cloudy morning!
The reef has a lot of nice large rocks to explore. :pirate: I Saw a variety of Rockfish, Perch, Sculpins, painted greenlings, zoanthids, barnacles, one hermit crab, huge red & kelp crabs, nice kelp & a few cute shrimp. There were some large Plumos anemones around. While photographing a cute pink Sculpin I Had a crazy encounter with a huge red crab, he thought I was a Klingon and tried to jump on me. :eek: He had some really giant sharp looking claws. Luckily he was scared off by the big UW Camera I was using. It was a fun dive. I hope to go back again sometime! Hopefully next time will be better viz (only about 10' in all directions) the current was pushing pretty strong today.
Thanks to YellowEye for showing me around & teaching me some camera tricks! Pictures to come soon... :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Norranders Reef!!!

Post by Gdog »

Hey, 150 dives already. Dad gum it girl....you are a dive machine!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I miss you GDog!!!! How was your trip? Hope to dive with you soon! Yes that 150 went fast! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Congrats on 150 ScubaJess!!!!
Very impressive!

:joshsmith: :calvin: :taco: :neener: :tomnic: :eric: :boxer: :popcorn: :pirate: :eek: :notworthy: :)

Great diving with you as always!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Congrats on #150! :partydance:

What is the anniversary of your certification? I don't think it's been a full year, yet.

Are you planning to dive this upcoming ThThTh?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Hey Alex, I hope to ThThTh again soon, not sure about this coming week yet? Will let you know. My fist open water was August 2nd 2014 so almost to one year :)
How have you been?
Live Long And Prosper!!!

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Some pictures I took on dive 150!!! :popcorn:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by ScubaJess on Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool ScubaJess!!
DSC_4317.jpg
DSC_4161.jpg
DSC_4212.jpg
DSC_4175.jpg
DSC_4252.jpg
My pictures aren't the greatest as conditions were tough and I had one strobe. But goes to show you the reef is very barnacle covered! I haven't dove the site in ~10 years, I don't recall it being so barnacle covered. It was a ton of fun to go back there!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Congrats on 150 and you are getting good with that camera :)

Eric, nice work on WA with 1 strobe. That's a tough one to pull off in the PNW.
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

nice you have your own camera .150 you rock
It's a good day.... nobody died!