Cow Sink and Florida caves.

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Cow Sink and Florida caves.

Post by Rooinater »

I was able to sneak a couple days of diving in after a work trip to Florida last month. I didn't get as much video in on this trip as I had planned, but here's the little bit of video. It's primarily the entrance restriction and "Not My Fault" restriction of Cow.

I've also been meaning to write a trip report from the 2 week trip in April, but never got around to it, so I'll attach a few videos from the longer trip in April as well. Honestly I like the videos from April better, but the one from a couple weeks ago shows just how fun "Not My Fault" is.

Cow Sink,
Diver: scuba Sam, I was videoing.
phpBB [video]

April's trip,
Rebreather: Dennis, OC: me
Upstream Cow
phpBB [video]

Madison Blue
phpBB [video]

"The Well" at Peacock Springs
phpBB [video]

The Peanut Tunnel

phpBB [video]
camerone
Submariner

Re: Cow Sink and Florida caves.

Post by camerone »

I love Cow Sink! Upstream and downstream are gorgeous!

Beautiful video... and definitely impressed you did it backmount. The corkscrew on entry is a challenge...last time I was there, I watched a Russian dive team go in ahead of me, all backmount plus stages, and thought "this isn't going to be good." They wedged themselves for a good 20 minutes in the entry and struggled to get through. When they finally did, we found their stages clipped just inside, and they turned and exited with almost no more pen distance than we got.

Definitely one of my favorite sites!
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Re: Cow Sink and Florida caves.

Post by Rooinater »

In October I was in sidemount hp100's and a stage, my dive buddy was in backmount this trip. I couldn't figure out how to get myself through Not My Fault in backmount and hit turn pressure anyway, after watching Sam I know how to now. Dennis was able to easily get into Not My Fault with his revo and sidemount bailout. Not My Fault was way easier in sidemount this time, the first entrance restriction was a little tighter with the extra width in SM, but I'm still getting used to my width with sidemount. I need to find some sidemount dive buddies, I had to stop checking out downstream cause backmount couldn't easily fit in spots on the first line downstream and I need to do Jug and Conivct next time.

So far, it's definitely on my favorites out of the systems I've dive down there.