Improvising

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Improvising

Post by dwashbur »

We arrived at Mike's and got our gear out in preparation for three days of diving. We had everything...except the bottom half of my undergarment. My Fourth Element is a two piece, and somehow the bottom half didn't make it in the car. It was in our room back in Spanaway. I had some fuzzy pajamas with me, so for the first dive I tried those. My dry suit is an OS Systems trilam, so that worked for thermal protection about as well as one would expect: I froze my butt and all its fixings off. So I was shore support for the next two dives. I had brought my 7mm wetsuit, but didn't relish the idea of diving wet in that cold cold water. I'm getting a little to old for that. The last planned dive was a night dive, and a few hours before that was supposed to happen, I was talking to one of my daughters who isn't a diver. She asked, "Why don't you use your wetsuit as an undergarment?"

I brilliantly replied, "Duh, Idunno." It's a Henderson hyperstretch, so I knew I would have decent maneuverability, so why not give it a try? It worked very well, and didn't affect my buoyancy to any great degree. Apparently, my Fourth Element is as buoyant as a 7mm Henderson wetsuit!

It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but it kept me warm enough and I was able to make the dive. Here's to thinking outside the box! :supz:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Clay
Avid Diver

Re: Improvising

Post by Clay »

Well played!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Improvising

Post by ScubaJess »

That's awesome!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: